Moving to France from UK with horses

My husband and I are planning to relocate to France with our horses ( and the dogs and cat!). The house is actually on the market at last - but until we sell we don’t want to start visiting prospective properties! So we live life on the Internet trying to narrow down our search. So help please - based on your experiences of having horses in France, what Regions would you recommend that have great out riding, friendly horsey communities, great walking, and I have to mention awesome fly fishing? We would prefer to keep the horses at home as that is what we do and love in North Yorkshire - so sensible property and land prices need to be a consideration too. Oh and did I mention that a bit of sunshine would help too! Favourite search areas so far are Midi Pyrenees (Lot, Aveyron, the Pyrenees) and Aquitaine.

Your ideas and insights would be great

Thanks

Sarah

Mid July last year was wet most of southern france,it was the only time it we had rain last summer, i remeber going to see the Tour de France and getting soaked.

I live in Tarn et Garonne, love it, fantastic riding, weather and many horsey friends, mainly endurance riding here but have a really good riding club in the area,also have a lady close by who sells Dodson and Horrel horse feed and much more.

Beth

It looks wonderful - we are holidaying in Aveyron this summer - never been before - cant wait! Just need to work out what it’s like I’m the winter for the horses - they are fairly tough so should be able to cope with a bit of snow and cold! We were in Le Gers last year - rained for 2 weeks and cold - in July! Hoping for better this year. Where abouts are you based?

Midi pyrenees is brilliant, it has everything!!!!