Much as I dislike Trump

This case does seem a bit tenuous to me. Would one bump into somebody in a department store and agree to model lingerie for them in a changing room?

Anyway, I suppose anything that distracts Trump and gives him grief has to be good.

Who knows what was said or offered?
Predatory men take or make advantage over women as a matter of course.
Maybe not so openly nowadays, but back in the 90’s and in America, why not.

2 Likes

Indeed. I just hope the case is stronger than portrayed in the article.

“Much as I dislike Trump…” What! You don’t believe he could? Are you equally dismissive of the ‘Me Too’ Movement Mr Scully?

I believe that the man he was all those years ago when he would wander into the changing rooms of Beauty pageants and was famously quoted as saying women would let him “grab them by the pussy” does not, in my opinion, deserve the benefit of doubt.

1 Like

What are you on about Apples? I wrote none of that :joy:

2 Likes

For women your comment, ‘much as I dislike Trump’ does not inspire confidence in this woman’s story.
He is well known for thinking that any woman’s body was his to grope.

2 Likes

The problem here seems to be that if her story can’t stand up in court then he’ll be seen to get away with it, and that would reduce the likelihood of a genuine case coming to light. It seems reasonable to be disappointed that the case is made to look flimsy at this stage.

2 Likes

The way the trial has gone makes it obvious why more survivors of sexual attacks do not come forward… they will be attacked again, over and over by the the lawyers for the defense.

E. Jean Carrol did a fabulous job defending herself, as did her witnesses as well.

No defense was offered, flying off to Ireland to open a new golf course instead shows his absolute contempt for the process, if not the victim herself.

From what I understand from experts, his only hope is a supporter amongst the jury who scuttles the unanimous decision required for them to reach a verdict.

Sadly it’s only a a civil trial, and not a criminal proceeding, and a guilty verdict - just like shooting someone on 5th Avenue - will probably not cost him any supporters.

But I’m hoping it breaks the cult-like spell he has over at least some of them.

2 Likes

Thinking that E. Jean Carrol was his ex wife does suggest that he is not in the real world.

1 Like

It certainly undercut his defense that she was “not his type…”

2 Likes