Many of you know that OH and I are going the whole hog and changing jobs and house at the same time, every thing's interdependant, if we can't sell the house, we don't have the investment capital for our new venture, un tabac, we're also unemployed with no state aid as I'm an indépendant and she's on a sebatical to start the business. Well it's been a year or so in the planning, found a buyer in the spring, then finally decided on which tabac presse to buy, compromis de vente signed all round. Everything cushdy, banks want to play ball and finance the project, three fighting over us for our business, agrément from the douanes and acceptance at la française des jeux. all going to plan until our buyer's mortgage is refused, no problem she knows someone who can get one. I speak to the broker 6 weeks ago sho assures me she'll be able to place the dossier and get the mortgage. 6 extremely stressful weeks later (was meant to be 2!) and our buyer phoned up yesterday to say she can't get a mortgage anywhere despite being a very well paid fonctionnaire.
That phone call yesterday afternoon left OH and me almost suicidal - we've rented our new house, the kids are inscrits in their new school, the buraliste we're buying from has signed for a tabac in Nice, everything's organised...! Anyway 25 hours later and I'm a little bit more positive. I haven't been able to speak to either of the three banks to see if we can sort something - they're all on holiday! as is the business agent!! Instructed agents to get it back on the market and drop the price - done. And then of course I revamped my advert on leboncoin.fr
Well the add was approved and online at 9 this morning and I now have three definite viewings! One from a couple who have sold in Paris and want to come to the Aveyron. One from someone who wants to leave the Hérault for the quality of life here and another who wants to leavethe Var for the same reasons and has sold too!
Yes, OK, I can hear you all saying "but they"re just viewing, not offers". I'm fully aware of that but it's a start and gives us hope that we can keep the whole thing on the road. I'll be able to get some answers from the banks on Tuesday to see if they will still proceed if the house is not yet sold, mortgage not yet paid off and we use private backing to cover our investment... on verra bien !