My client needs a bilingual gopher in the Limoges area

Hi everyone,

This request was posted earlier this week as a 'translator-interpreter in the Limoges area'. However, it does not need to be a translator-interpreter necessarily.

Here's the type of person I'm looking for:

- someone perfectly bilingual in English and French

- preferably someone who is used to dealing with French administration

- someone who lives within a 30 minute driving radius of my client who is in Compreignac (post code 87140) and who is willing to drive to my client's home to sort out French papers, post them to French administration (example: RSI), or physically take papers where they need to go (example: Prefecture in Limoges).

- most likely, you would only have to provide this service twice a month (you can discuss your prices and payment directly with the client)

If you fit the criteria above, please contact me via this website.

Best regards,

Christi

www.helpinghandinfrance.com

I can almost certainly help with this, and I have sent you an e-mail via the address on your website.

Tony Marsden

Thanks - for the moment, no one has contacted me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm glad you've clarified this - I suspect the fees of a professional translator/interpreter would be something of a shock! I hope you find someone soon!

HI Tony,
I assume you live near Limoges.
On Thursday morning I need someone to accompany me in Limoges to translate what is being said to me and then translate what I have to say back to them.
It is an important matter and the person who was going to accompany me (an ex Mayor of my town) has had to go to Morocco for his work.
It is at 8.45am.

Are you able to assist or know anybody who can?

Thanks.

Hi Saskia!
Thanks for your enquiry; ordinarily, i’d be only too happy to help, but I’m afraid I have a full diary right now and would not be able to free myself up at such short notice.
I don’t personally know of anyone who could help, but there are several “hand-holding” services in our area who advertise their services on various Facebook groups, I feel sure one of them should be able to help, although the short notice may be a problem, particularly in terms of contacting them this late.
Kind regards
Tony

Thanks Tony,
I’m sorry for the late reply as I was under stress to find someone and luckily I found Helen through the Etcetera Magazine.
The court issue was however not finalised and I have to go back, so I will have to pay out again and have just been too depressed to do anything which includes looking on here.
I also saw that the original guy who had said he would go with me was actually still here that day and not in Morocco so that was a double blow, why can’t people just tell the truth …