Makes 10–12 brownies
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 8 dates, pitted
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 cup plus coconut flour or brown rice flour (from health food shop)
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (convection 300°F).
- Cut sweet potato into chunks and steam for about 20 minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart, remove them and add them to a food processor with the dates and egg. Blend until a smooth, creamy mix forms.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl before mixing in the sweet potato and date combination. Stir well.
- Place the mix into a parchment paper–lined baking dish and cook for 20–30 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork and bring it out dry. Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. This is really important, as the brownies need this time to stick together!