My healthier fudge browny recipe! See what you think

INGREDIENTS

Makes 10–12 brownies

• 2 medium-large sweet potatoes

• 8 dates, pitted

• ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons ground almonds

• 1 cup plus coconut flour or brown rice flour (from health food shop)

• 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder

• 2 tablespoons maple syrup

• 1 egg

• pinch of salt

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (convection 300°F).

2. Cut sweet potato into chunks and steam for about 20 minutes, until they become really soft.

3. Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart, remove them and add them to a food processor with the dates and egg. Blend until a smooth, creamy mix forms.

4. Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl before mixing in the sweet potato and date combination. Stir well.

5. Place the mix into a parchment paper–lined baking dish and cook for 20–30 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork and bring it out dry. Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. This is really important, as the brownies need this time to stick together!

I don't have a picture but found this one on the internet which looks like it when cooked, hopefully

Résultat de recherche d'images pour

Hello John, its high in magnesium, which is the good news :) re maple syrup you can try.....non would be even better, I use organic stevia syrup as I have been type 1 insulin dependant since a very young age and do not miss sugar at all !

Résultat de recherche d'images pour

Ingredients:

• 1 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1 cup dried coconut flakes, chopped
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or fine grain sea salt, or to taste
  • 1 teaspoon of maple syrup

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a large rectangular baking dish (approx. 8.5" x 12.5") and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
  2. In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
  3. Place the rolled oats into a food processor (or blender on the lowest speed) and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped (but still with lots of texture). Stir oats into the banana mixture.
  4. Chop the walnuts and add the rest of the ingredients into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
  5. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Press down until compacted and smooth out with hands until even. Use a pastry roller to smooth out if desired.
  6. Bake for 23-27 minutes until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out.
  7. Slice into bars once they are cool.

ps you could also add in dried berries if you want extra sweetness, Enjoy !

Hmm worth a try. how would it be with just one tables spoon of maple syrup?

What's wrong with a bit of magnesium?

Any healthy flap jack recipe's (Low sugar)

Thanks Theo, I try :)

its dam creative ;-)

Going to try that at the weekend... :)

Hello, its a question saturated fat, and antioxidants, and whilst your right lindt 85% is fab, I love it myself!! I would not recommend more than 2 squares per day, high in magnesium but also saturated fats... That said, all things in balance, my recipe is for people who want to up their daily antioxidant quota easily and in a kiddie friendly and wheat free way.

I'm sure they are very nice but unless a person cannot eat wheat flour or is a vegan I don't see them being any 'healthier' than the ones consumed chez moi which involve melting a shed-load of 85% cacao Lindt chocolate ;-) and nice healthy natural butter & eggs & a bit of sugar. Add in pecans or walnuts or chunks of white chocolate etc if you like...