Nearly a year in France

Time has flown in the life of my young family as we settle in South West France. In October last year we arrived to settle in Saint-Avit-Saint-Nazaire 33220 Gironde to start a new life. Least did we realise how much work was needed on the house we now call home. Budget busted, my UK employers not wanting to support remote working from outside of the UK, even though the product I delivered never ever suffered, we took the bold decision to register as micro entrepreneurs. The original plan of converting the house and barn into gites to support a health and well being business blown out of the water through a lack of funds and falling foul of the planning department, we set up the Friday Night Takeaway, cooking food on a Friday Night, as the name suggests, from the West coast of India. Our customers travel distances of around 20 minutes to collect their food, packed so that they can reheat it later at their convenience. I wanted to use this post to thank those that have supported us through this tough settling in period. And hope we can continue to do business with you to help us keep moving towards that ultimate goal of making our life here’s permanent one. Thank you and you know who you are.

6 Likes

Oh I wish I lived in your area…would love a proper Indian meal! Gujarati, Goan, anything!

1 Like

We haven’t bought your food yet but I intend to soon as you are only about 25 minutes from us.

1 Like

We are here so if ever you come over to this part of France come in and look us up.

Mat thank you for your message. Would be great to cook for you.

And if you fancy opening a branch in the Vienne (86) I’ll welcome you with open arms!

1 Like

Extremely tempting offer. Would you fancy a go at cooking food from the West coast of India?