Necessity for new permits for future Auto Entrepreneurs who're non-EU, non Algerian, not holders of permanent residence or 10 year long cards?

Is there any non-EU, non Algerian citizen here, who didn’t have carte résident or 10 year long carte séjour, had a different carte séjour than that of an AE/ME and who set up her/his AE/ME while having that (non-AE/ME) carte séjour, and if so, how would you say setting it up was different from if you were a EU citizen? Did you’ve to apply to change your carte séjour? Work permit wise, did you’ve to apply for a new work permit than the one you already had, or all you needed was just the AE/ME status? I was looking at this link - http://autoentrepreneur.fr/auto-entrepreneur-etranger/?fbclid=IwAR0jSZaAqxyh7CSAx6i7InC20H3svXrL0e8bJGyM68oQhoYZ72n-uSiTgz4, which says that one has to obtain a temporary residence permit to be an AE, unlike the cases of EU or Algerian citizens or holders of permanent residence. Strangely, the link doesn’t treat the case when one has a four year long carte séjour (I’ve a passeport talent with that duration) and wishes to obtain the AE status say for a side hustle. In this case, my question is: will (s)he 1) need a whole new permit but can keep the passeport talent, 2) need a whole new permit and has to return the passeport talent, OR 3) be able to follow the process of obtaining AE/ME just like EU citizens and that’s all? Thank you for your reply - I’d appreciate some relevant links!