Need a hand with some marketing please

Yes it's a moustache :)

I like your black blue and grey colours but the top image looks like a moustache. Is it suppose to be that or a mouth?

Right up the proper alley but, in my opinion, there's too much information. One gets the impression SFN wants to be too many things for too many people. Personally, think an unblinking version with the "Live Love Share Chat, etc" side is terrific. Possibly even condense that side to best describe what most people use this site for: to chat, share and especially the creative gratifications potential in so many fields.

Love the second - ending Vivaciously Vibrant. Didn't like the first - looks too much on the page and doesn't flow logically.

Mast head looks a bit like the top of a burka? Might be a bit of a challenge to FN supporters (No comments please John H-F). What about "Vive la DiFrance!" Personally I think Suvive France is fine once seen beyond the simplistic notion that survival here is any more challenging than anywhere else, especially the UK in my case.

If you need to know the place to go is SFN. Okay if you include SFN it's eleven but it could be with the logo.

OR

SFN the place to go when you need to know.

Taking something from many of your suggestions, here is the first one, what do you think?

The French Connection... Your Giteway to France

"SFN. com .......read, write, chat, exchange and discover France today, in English"

"The network that reaches the SOPs that other networks don't reach" or more positively "SurVIVE France, Discover France, Love France", or maybe "SurVIVE France, c'est surtout ma France"

"SFN.....read, write, chat , exchange and discover France, in english"

brainstorm away !

1) You're never alone with SFN

2) When you need a friend call SFN

(BOTH OF WHICH i HAVE FOIUND ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!)

French fusion – for people who live, laugh and love France

Young, old, single or families, a celebration of French living

Live or die in France

Crowd sourcing at it's best, please keep them coming!

John Hope-Faulkner and Kenneth Barker may have a point, of course....
"Survive France" does have a negative connotation.... like "how to survive a disaster".....

James, I doubt you want to change the actual name of the Network...
And I wouldn't, since its slightly whimsy name is understood by most if not all the visitors (even new ones), I would say.
After all, it is addressing itself primarily to expat anglophones trying to 'survive' in a New World....

I'm 'nul' at coming up with good slogans (never worked in marketing, LOL), but I'll do my best.

France Essential

Short is good

"How to live in France, and love it".

To John Hope-Faulkner

it's back to the drawing board then!

Lafayette ... help us here ...