Need to change CdS now I have been here more than 5 years?

I am sure this has been asked before so apologies but I am still unsure. I became permanently resident in France May 2017, I had an EU citizen CdS in 2018 and a new article 50 one in 2021 which is valid until 2026; now I’ve been resident for 5½ years do I now need to apply for a permanent CdS? If not does my over 5 years residence give me all my 5+ extra rights without changing my card/what rights (apart from being here in my home) do I now have?
thank you in advance

You now have all your rights, and no need to request a new card. And in fact most préfectures will refuse to issue you a new one until the old one expires as there is no process for WARP card renewals. If you try you could end up in a muddle as only option will be a non-WARP card.

The permanent status means you no longer have to meet a financial threshold every year , and you can leave france for 5 years without loosing your status.

2 Likes

Thanks @JaneJones , I wasn’t aware of that. My 5 year anniversary is next year, but my card doesn’t expire till 2026. So after 5 complete years of residency for us both, I think a celebration is in order :cheese::wine_glass:

1 Like

It’s going to be interesting to see how things are organized for those of us with CdSWA… with regards renewal… when the cards reach their expiry date.

and when the information is available… I’m sure we’ll blazon it here on the forum…

Until then, everyone keep calm… relax and enjoy…

1 Like

This topic was done here…?

and the specific post -

was the latest update.

1 Like

Isn’t that what I said?

1 Like

Let’s hope it’s not like the driving licences.

I was only aware of the tail end of that, and that was stressful enough and has led to a poor result.

We are thinking positively, of course, let’s keep cheerful as long as possible…

All will be well in the end… and if it isn’t well… then it isn’t the end… :+1: :rofl:

2 Likes

This makes me wonder what happens if your move to a different department with a 5 year Article 50 CdS, this must be a possibility and would involve a new card from a new department, perhaps there is a clue to the future procedure here, has anyone done this?

That’s just a replacement, so exchanging like for like the same as all the other types of titre de séjour. I think the only difference is that it should be free, and address changes on others are €25.