Need to find threaded rod and house ties

Hi All,

My husband and I just bought a house in Provence and we need to fix a large crack that is on the outside of the wall. We have been trying to find out where to by a 1 and 1/8 inch, around 40 foot long (12 meters) threaded rod (like rebar) to put between the two metal ties that will go on the house. I can’t seem to find it any where. We will even go with 3 or 4 smaller bars and weld them together. Can anybody help? We are desperate and have looked everywhere in the provencial region. Does any one deal with metal or have a shop we can buy it from or any other ideas?



Hi Hilary,

Here is the info I said that I would send to you (on my blog comment).

1. For the nuts (30mm) we got them from SIFRAM. Their address is : 4 Rue du Saint Laurent, BP 70085, Saint Herblain Telephon: I don't have an internet site for them, though, even though that's were we found them.

2. For the threaded rod. We got that from also known as SEC. They are in France-the pieces we bought were very long and they did ship them to us for a reasonable price.

3. For the cle. We got that from:,880.html?iact=hc&vpx=123&vpy=73&dur=9237&hovh=237&hovw=213&tx=194&ty=131&ei=61__TbvnPMia-gaHsf3XAw&page=1&tbnh=152&tbnw=136&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Hope this helps let me know how your project comes out!