Neowise Comet... July 2020

some super photos…

2 Likes

We have been able to see it for the past 2 nights from 11:30pm onwards, I was beginning to despair, as I’ve been looking every night since the beginning of July, even getting up at 5am, with no joy until this weekend ! Certainly the longest tail I’ve seen on a comet, spectacular, but maybe because the skies are darker where we live.

2 Likes

My hasty attempt to capture it last night…

5 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty good ! Better than any of my astrophotography attempts so far.

2 Likes

We weren’t sure where it would be. Various articles talked about it being low down in the east and best seen at 4am, but that was then, and this is now! There is was, spotted by accident around midnight, in the north, and under the plough. Trouble was, I wasn’t ready. Flat camera battery, tripod misbehaving, trouble juggling my glasses, plus the mix of darkness and torchlight. Fantastic skies though.

1 Like

I love these skies… we weren’t too badly off in our bit of UK countryside… but here in France… our bit is wonderfully dark…

1 Like

hi Stella, sorry to intrude in this space, but again I cannot access SF directly as seemingly always now my login is always rejected. Should I start again from scratch - new account; new name; new password?
Or, is there something I haven’t been told? Banned or something?
Thanks for your help and advice.
Norm

I think we need expert help… (no, you’re not banned… :wink: ) … it will be a hiccup…

@james please can you help Norman… :hugs:

2 Likes