New declaration required for property owners

There is an online formulaire to contact them to get a numero fiscale. Have you tried this?

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/formulaire-de-creation-dacces-lespace-particulier-non-residents

1 Like

Great news. After yesterday emailing the address that @kirsteastevenson found for Lot Et G seeking a TIN, today I have this response:-

Good morning,
In order to respond to your SPI request, please send me a copy of your identity document by return e-mail and send me the e-mail address you would like for the creation of your private space.
You can then access your file to update the occupation of the property you have acquired in Castillonnes.
Cordially

So it looks like I wont need a TIN to create my private space!

Onwards

2 Likes

Hello Jane,

Yes I have completed that form.

Thanks for checking.

Graeme

1 Like

This is EXACTLY what I and various others I know locally had to do, the ‘customer space’ was in the system ready to be created, but I had to send ID to my tax office before they’d effectively ‘unlock it’ for me to access. I’ve never seen anyone on here ever mention it before and this issue comes up semi-regularly so I haven’t said so as not to give out potentially inaccurate advice/ information. I only discovered when I did exactly what you did; sent them a generic email saying ‘why can’t I create an account?’ Or words to that effect because it just wouldn’t let me and they then told me to send ID, so that’s interesting that you’ve had that too. I always assumed since no one here had ever suggested this method that it was a quirk of my local office / situation, but perhaps it’s the case more often than I realised.

2 Likes

Holiday home completion of Declaration

Should it be of help to other second home owners who are registering their property.

After sending ID two days ago, today received this note. Before now I have not had a numero fiscal.

Bonjour Gxxxx xxxxxx (numéro fiscal : 1231231231239),
Vous pouvez dĂ©sormais crĂ©er votre espace particulier sur impots.gouv.fr Ă  l’aide de votre numĂ©ro fiscal et votre date de naissance.
Depuis votre espace, vous pourrez notamment y gérer votre prélÚvement à la source, déclarer vos revenus, accéder à votre messagerie sécurisée.
En vous remerciant de votre confiance,
La direction générale des Finances publiques

Also on a seperate email was confirmation that my wife did not need to have a numero fiscal.

So went on to Impots site, created space and found our house was listed already. Altered names of occupants from previous owners to ourselves, which also automatically altered the size of the property to the correct size. Entered date we bought property in 2022. Confirmed details and that was it. Very easy and efficient.

6 Likes

We’re just looking to fill in our declaration and it seems we’re listed as number 44 with 8 rooms and number 38 with a buanderie ou cave of 25sqm and the downstairs is as a garage of 60 sq m.
We only have one house with eight rooms in total.
How do we convince the impots of this?
We’re going in to the tresorie tomorrow, any advice welcome. Thanks.
Just to add number 38 was converted by the previous owners and all proper planning was granted and 3 years ago we had a velux fitted and had to submit a complete breakdown of all rooms and measurements not long after.
So the impots were told.

Easy (hopefully!). You send a secure message by your messagerie to say the details are wrong. You will most likely be sent an H1 form to fill in with the correct details. They will amend the entry in accordance with the H1.

This is probably the same form as you filled in after the Velux was put in. But they just didn’t do anything with it!

Thank you.

1 Like

Good luck, we are just starting, waiting for the access TIN number. It willbe interesting to see what ours is like altough we have a lot less rooms.

Hi
Our mezzanine is small and has a low ceiling height for most of the area so not sure if it counts as a room.

Below 1.8m in height is not included in living space calcs I was told.

1 Like

That’s for planning permission, not for taxation purposes. The room sizes are quite different. Also the tax people count some rooms that the planning permission people dont (or is it the other way round? I need to log on to check.

To be clear about height - we have bedrooms with sloping ceilings because of the roof. When calculating room size for planning permission/declaration prealable, it’s the internal area of the room where the height is 1.8m or above.
The taxable room size goes right to the wall (and may even include wall depth - again I need to check. I’ve been avoiding this declaration because I just know they have completely wrong area calculations
 )

2 Likes

I have now sent to emails to the site and have received no reply whatsoever??

1 Like

Ae you back in France now??? (It’s more than 12 days
since you said you would be.)

if so, go and speak with someone at your Mairie.
Many Mairies are able to help folk with Governmental things
 or they know where/who to speak with.

best of luck.

Me too, will give them until early next week and then bombard them (in triplicate)

It is the middle of the tax declaration period, and also the month with the most public holidays. Add that to strikes (while tax people are not on strike they are mothers and fathers who have had to cover child care while teachers are out) and yiu get the moment where any reponses are goimg to be delayed.

The deadline is still 6 weeks away.

1 Like

Thanks Stella We’re back next week and will pop in the Marie I also sent a. Email to our local tax office but it was returned not delivered :joy:
I

I suspect you’ve used an incorrect/out-of-date email address
 but, when you’re here, you can check on that as well
 and get the right email address for future use.

Thanks Jane, just get worried and want to get it sorted

I sent my declaration last week, got it sent by registered post, had a look, but due to weekend it hadn’t been delivered
 But will check again and see what happens. I’m hoping it will be straight forward. It’s tough going when you have to deal with anything to do with French stuff, while being in the uk.