New (improved?) network chat feature

The chat feature has undergone some changes, we are currently testing it on SFN, it will now also work on ios devices, iPads and iPhones etc. Please let me know here if you're having any problems with it. Include your operating systems and browser if you know them :)

Thanks

James

Hooray!!!

yes, 9 is really problematic. I used it for correcting errors on our website today and had to reload a couple of times because of glitches. I much prefer firefox and wish our site was compatible with but websites will be websites and their providers do get stuck in old fashion web rearing practices!

Looks like the new chat was causing some problem with IE9, so we've reverted to the old version for now, thanks for your patience!

James

I will pass this on to Jim, but I don't think he will be happy as we are both set up for version 7 and he is in the process of building a kitchen at the moment!

IE8 is getting a bit long in the tooth too, good point.

Google Chrome or Firefox are both much better choices in my opinion and will certainly be a major improvement on this site.

James

IE9 because 8 is beginning to inherit the 7 security flaws.

Jane, please may I suggest that you upgrade to IE8 or 9, and preferably move away from IE altogether in favour of a more stable and up to date browser like Firefox or Google Chrome. IE7 is not a great choice I'm afraid and I believe there may be potential security risks involved with using it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/3793365/Internet-Explorer-security-alert-Microsoft-says-all-users-at-risk.html

Thanks

James

We are having a load of problems with the new "improved" version. It is impossible to open in another window and appears pover the existing window and is illegible. We use Internet Explorer version 7.

Thanks for all your feedback so far, I know it's not perfect yet but without feedback we won't be part of the improvement process :)

Thanks

ps Thanks Brian for IE update

Johnny, yes iPad is all over the place! You can use the red x to delete any of your content to the right of the post.

OK, had a look on my laptop and my IE does the job, so no problems all round. I have chatted in too but my opinions if that it is getting a bit too much one to one right now, perhaps attention turning to it because of your post, and that one either has (this morning) one to one chats that are like the things on Facebook joking about telling your 600 made uopfriends you are about the have a cup of coffee (no offence intended anybody) and also breaks the flow of any possible theme or exchange - so hiccoughs perhaps!

Hi Elaine,

Its the application you use to view web pages, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to name a few. It may be that your browser needs an update to run the new chat, some work better with SFN that others. I can give you a call if you like, and maybe we can fix it?

Thanks

James

Can you tell me what browser your are using please Elaine?