New law on texting in English

Haha tres amusant pour poisson d'avril exactement! Once a subscriber to Discovery magazine, I read an article about a female scientist who had discovered a new species which she called the 'hot-headed ice borer' - well, it was a world respected publication so why would I not believe it? There was even a photograph of the little creature, who, apparently, was wont to burrow around under unsuspecting penguins who would then drop into the icy water to be devoured by this montrous mini-carnivore. My little boy prepared and presented this at school and they were all fooled as well. Next publication revealed that the female scientist was from Portugal and if you translated her name into English it was April Fool. That has to be one of the best I have ever heard! Happy Easter to one and all.

Just heard an ad. on Irish radio - Tesco have introduced a new one-way traffic system in their supermarkets!

poisson d'avril?

happy April 1st, this one ranks up there with the spaghetti tree!

Not bad for an April Fools...you very nearly had me there!!! ;)

Happy April Fool's day!

Just heard the best one on radio 4, IDS and the tories are proposing a tax on spare bedrooms!

That is nearly as good as todays STA travel page where they are offering half price air tickets if you seat share! Only one person sitting at a time of course and as long as you were prepared to share the meal and the luggage allowance all fares were 50% less. I was just puzzling out how they coped with the landing and take off when it dawned on me, lol.

Almost as good as the Axminster Tools 3D Catalogue April Fool's attempt - http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-tool-centre-stores-artlstores3d/?utm_content=509254173&utm_campaign=emailclub_13wk14a&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailvision

And today's date is . . . .

You had me going for a minute or two I confess James.

I think it's April 1.

This is disgusting and we should send a gunboat at once to show Johnny Frenchie that we mean business! Retake Calais for starters!

Brigadier Dai Plumb-Broke

Chateau de la Penurie

Vieneuve sur Notalot

France

(Any contributions gratefully received)

Think there's summat fishy going on here?

Nice try - April fool!

The silly thing is it is a really good one as we all know it is possible........One day!

Also banned is mixed bathing for people on social security!

A further problem James is that the Lelingo helpline will now only be able to translate from French to French unless 33% of the content was originally received by 'courriel' in which case 67% of the remainder can be translated and explained in French and the remainder ignored. I do hope my clients will understand this!

Et c'est quel date aujourd'hui??????????????? les poissons???????????????????

Not fair - this should have been posted after morning coffee - give the birds a chance otherwise its not sport ;-)