New restaurant open at Urdens in the Gers

Thought we'd let you know that after 4 years of closure, the Auberge at Urdens (32500, between Fleurance and St Clar) is finally open again after an extensive remodelling. We're quite excited to have something local that we can walk to at last and thought we'd spread the word to give them the best chance of success! The new owners used to run a restaurant in the Pyrenées. Went there for the opening do last night and it looks fantastic; they've kept the rustic elements and managed to make it modern and very comfortable. And if the nibbles they served last night are anything to go by then the food should be wonderful too.

It's been renamed "Les Tables D'Urdens" and is open for lunch and evening meals every day except Monday. At weekdays lunchtimes they serve a 13.50 euro formule - 3 courses and 1/4 wine and coffee included - it's advised to book because everything is prepared fresh on the day so numbers could be limited.

They also do a menu at 15 & 25 euros and kids for 7 euros. And there's a selection of around 7-8 options for each course "à la carte". The menu will change every season to adapt to local, seasonal produce.

If you want to see the current menu, let us know and we'll email you a copy. Phone number is 05.62.59.70.03 and there is a website but not much info on there yet: www.lestablesdurdens.fr

Oh, and Mélanie speaks pretty good English too.......

Thanks Kate for the info - look forward to being able to try them out. @Sandy: we are still crossing our fingers for a speedy return. Have gluten-free vegans staying at mo....keeps me on my culinary toes!

They have some lovely veggie starters (cheese/milk products though so not vegan) so guess you could have them as main course. They do seem very flexible and eager to please.....

All main plats are typically gersoise - meat!

I will make the point to them about having 1 main as a veggie option because I'd prefer that option too...

Kate

Beat me to it, Sandy! :-)