Nigel Lawson realises Brexit means losing his own freedom of movement

No, Farage is a special sort of low-life and I agree heart and soul with what Many has said.

6 Likes

sorry ‘Mandy’

Norman i have to disagree, Nigel does have a lot of points about him that is severely missing in most other known elbow swinging primates currently in power. I would not call him a “special sort of low-life” any more than the others.

1 Like

Farage the ‘man of the people’… Always sticking up for those UK fishermen as well.

Well here are some inconvenient facts:

His voting record while a member of the influential European parliament fisheries committee is utterly dire – over three years, he turned up to one of 42 meetings. Research by Greenpeace shows that during the three major votes on the common fisheries policy, Farage failed to vote in favour of improving the legislation.

4 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

There are few people I would like to punch in the face… he is one of them.

5 Likes

A report written about voting in the EU by the head of energy in a company based in Washngton DC. If you believe all they write then good for you.

Best believe Nigel then. Going quite well for the UK it seems…

Are you suggesting he attended more meetings? :grinning:

Here some more pesky facts from the FT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/85563e82-8f44-11e3-be85-00144feab7de

I wholeheartedly agree

1 Like

Well as i dont subscribe to the pesky FT i cant read the “facts”. I dont believe everything that any of the elbow swinging primates spout, In the past Nigel has been open about some of the things the others wriggle and squirm around. But to be honest, the political idiots couldnt organise a p*ssup in a brewery even if it was done for them.

well in turn I have to disagree with your view. Anyone who plays the ‘white ant’ to destroy something while accepting all the benefits - salary, epenses etc; cannot be regarded as anything other than a hypocrite. If he had tried to ‘change the EU’ instead of overtly wanting to destroy it then you might have had a point.
Plus having at the very least made lives difficult for a new generation and threatened that of the older one is sickening, and finally getting German EU citizenship for his own kids under the ‘why should they suffer.’ banner is a definite sign of a lowlife.

I lived and worked in Brussels for about three years and was a Marketing Prof there for two Business Schools and I would suggest you change your reading matter with your judgement of the EU. I suggest also you read the independent online magazine European Business to see what they do on a daily basis. This is incidentally produced in the UK.

Fascinating that the UK can’t even get a SINGLE issue sorted whilst the EU has sorted hundreds with 27 countries for decades - all countries with different languages, cultures and expectations. The EU is far more democratic than any other organisation - even the Senior Civil Servants are voted in by the MEPS - where do you see that level of democracy?. Where else are Members and Civil Svants expected to speak a minimum of two languages (four for the Commision Civil Service).

Of course there will be difficulties along the way how could there not be? But using the word 'shambles’against the EU is a bit rich coming from an Englishman.

6 Likes

Anger is an emotion born of impotence. I very much doubt Nigel Lawson is losing any sleep. If you don’t like something and can’t change it leave it. Move on and save yourself a heart attack.

2 Likes

Farage is a twat.

7 Likes

:grin: can you change it?

Sorry cat, I can’t accept that…
he’s a fucking twat…
Interesting Channel 4 piece tonight about Aaron Banks, the Russians and Farage. Hardly the holy trinity by all accounts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

He also has a climate change denying pressure group.
Lovely man!

1 Like

More to come tomorrow night.
More power to your elbow Channel 4 .

1 Like

I see that coffee isnt strong enough yet Cat!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could we please agree that Farage is a prick…or even a fucking prick. He doesn’t deserve to be called a twat…

9 Likes

I have seen posters hung drawn and quartered for lesser outbursts.

1 Like

Playing the white ant as you so aptly put it and reaping the benefits in all respects – salary, expenses etc could also be applied to many, many other MP’s as well as MEP’s (which it invariably does).

Having lived in Brussels for such a long time you would then also know how the system works there. I have lived in Germany, Austria, Holland and other EU countries for over 40 years , I think I have amassed a pretty reasonable idea of how democratic the EU dobbins in Brussels are. I don’t read matter like Business News etc as having been both employer and employee I know personally as well as financially what they do in Brussels on a daily basis.

I fully agree that the UK cant get one single thing sorted. While the EU has only passed the buck down to the member countries to get things sorted. Brussels doesn’t sort anything other than their expenses, bar tabs etc, and cause a lot of misery in the member countries, all under the banner of being democratic. The EU is about as democratic as a chocolate teapot and just about as useful.

I also agree about the language part, where most of ours cant even speak English so I think I can allow myself to be a bit “rich” and call the EU a lot stronger than just a “shambles”

3 Likes