Night Sky tonight - Shooting Stars

Yippee… the half (?) moon to the south with Venus glowing brightly far off to the right hand side…

first night for ages the clouds have held off enough for me to see the beauty up above.

1 Like

You remind me of the great satisfaction, of being able to get a good ‘sight’ with a sextant, but it could be very frustrating :persevere:

You and my Dad would have made a great team… :wink:

1 Like

Getting bigger and bigger (as it does) !

2 Likes

looks more like pitta bread than a piece of cheese… :yum:

1 Like

No cheese/moon tonight ‘ere Stella, the good news is, ‘appy toms’ corgettes, butter nuts, tatties, onions, garlic an’ roses, apple and pear trees, it’s raining, YAHOO!!! :grin:

2 Likes

We’ve had glorious sunshine for a while now…,also in 56 probably just over an hour away from yous…got thunder rumbling overhead at the minute though…! Phone fully charged…hoping the rain dissipates in time for my daughter visiting with her new boyfriend…I’ve not met him yet but from what she tells me he seems like a really nice bloke…wondering what to cook for them on their first night here…x :slight_smile:

Book a nice restaurant, their treat Helen :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ll not be back here from the airport till early evening so I’m thinking I’ll be cooking the first night…??? My daughter wants to go back to Carnac and the standing stones and the beach…I’m hoping I can persuade her to venues you mentioned where I can also take the Collies…they are here on a shoestring…x :wink:

1 Like

Forecasters, even me and the barograph aren’t always right, as proved by Babeth, she managed to take this between the showers !

1 Like

Did you get to see Jupiter blazing in the East… for once, our skies were clear around 10pm just as I was wandering home… :relaxed:

1 Like

I would love a camera that could take photos like that…I hear China is off to the far side of the moon…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, too cloudy here Stella, Babeth was lucky to get the shot in a ‘break’ :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a wee compact, a Panasonic ‘Lumix’, with a good lens and a good zoom Helen.

1 Like

Very cloudy here tonight, but caught a break

2 Likes

Almost full, well done Babeth, good luck tomorrow night :+1:

Babeth will need lots of luck tonight, it’s an 'orrible drizzly day :unamused:

1 Like

Taken very quickly, during a break in the clouds !
33644921_10216299898792165_5016321089316323328_n

1 Like

You’ve great patience Babeth, sitting out in the garden :persevere: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your wife is a treasure…:relaxed:

1 Like