“No more left in the tank”

One of the (few) good leaders gone…… while closer to home, the rats cling to the sinking cabinet.

4 Likes

It is sad to see her go, apart from the dreadfully slow vaccination rates that just about unraveled the benefits of shutting the borders, she did an excellent job.

Lots of comments along the lines of “jumped before pushed” as NZ Labour are behind in the polls.

Though Arden remains ahead in the “who would you prefer as your PM” polling.

One could wryly observe that she has more “left in the tank” than the last five UK prime ministers did when they took office :rage:

4 Likes

Her resignation speech was good.

1 Like

She is/was an excellent prime minister, a model for all PMs everywhere to follow, but will they? Unhappily, NO!

Politics is a pig!

Pig isn’t the right word because pigs are ok, and would make a better job of politics in my opinion.

1 Like

Exasperation perhaps… didn’t she recently have an unguarded moment when she called an opposition MP an arrogant prick as she sat down after answering his question…

Still, there was a silver lining…

3 Likes

Just think what the world class arrogant prick Johnson could raise :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Not good for NZ.
Previous NZ PM’s, including Helen??, have gone on to United-Nations type world positions.

Why do I think she has something in the pipeline?

1984? (Edit: of course, I really meant Animal Farm - thanks @notalot )

1 Like

No. I used the word pig in its slang demeaning form which I have since found is a word commonly used to describe the police. Wrong choice, and also, as you point out, in its literary direction as well.

I meant it to mean ‘it’s a pig of a problem’ ‘politics is a pig of a problem’. Pigs, donkeys or chimpanzees could do better etc…

But I shan’t use animals as demeaning examples again, they don’t deserve it.

1 Like

I give up …

Ah the pigs do. It was when they started walking on two legs that I decided they’d lost the plot.

3 Likes

Quarter of a million a go.

Animal Farm.

1 Like

Very liberating, isn’t it?

Whoops :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It’s a generational thing, isn’t it? 1984 only means one thing to me, written in my lifetime. Been on TV too in '54…

It was just a shame she couldn’t speak English properly…

So has Jacinda

The rats ruling the UK do not need anything in their tanks as they ride along on the backs of working people and the poor.

1 Like