No S1 refusal issued for people under state retirement age

My partner contacted Dept of Work and Pensions today and was told they don’t issue S1 refusals anymore to people under state retirement age and to contact HMRC for a form SO40. On contacting HMRC they said when applying at CPAM they send a SO40 TO HMRC presumably to register your leaving the NHS who then send a SO41 to CPAM to acknowledge the fact. This is as said by the lady at HMRC without any contact with members of the public.
If anyone can throw any light on this i would be very grateful.

Yes I have read that elsewhere recently. Presumably you’ll be asked to provide some proof of your ineligibility and the French will then send it to HMRC or DWP for confirmation. I’m sure there are others on here who will be able to give a more comprehensive reply though.

1 Like

The now issue a statement that as you are not resident in the UK you are not entitled to UK healthcare. This worked for us.

Just like within the Marriage procedure and the documents necessary…you apply for a Certificate that says… they do not issue a Certificate… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: