Noisy dogs

There comes a time when it’s unacceptable that uncaring and selfish people can make their neighbours lives a misery.

Once complaints have been made at the Mairie then action should be taken…

1 Like

So far it is only word of mouth… no-one actually wants to be the one to put pen to paper. I’m only involved as I hear folk moaning, far more than I hear the dog.

I would like the dog to be happier… most dogs bark at me if I pass near them, we chat and they settle back down… fair enough.

1 Like

I live in a lieu-dit. My nearest neighbour on one side is a farmer with 3 dogs, they are not chained up (unlike so many others I have seen) and the only time they bark is when a stranger enters their driveway.

My nearest neighbour on the other side has a Husky, they are out at work all day. The Husky has a large barn and a fenced off area outside. Once they are back home the Husky is in the house with them. He never makes a noise.

The other side of one of the fields is an English couple, they have 2 Boxers, the only time they bark is if someone approaches the house.

If people choose to have animals then they should be responsable for them and ensure that they are well looked after and are not a nuisance to others.

For those who think that barking dogs who go on and on are ok maybe they would like neighbours who have screaming kids that go on and on, who kick a ball against their house wall for hours, and who play loud music, see how they would react then !

3 Likes

So now its screaming children and noisy dogs!

We live in the middle of nowhere but accessed by a public chemin, and have no fences anywhere. Our dog will let us know if there are people out walking, quad or moto going by, gite guests arriving, all with a different type of bark. The only thing he goes barking mad for is postie’s little yellow van.

Our nearest neighbour, about 1.5km away has hunt dogs that we very rarely hear, but we are shielded from most of the noise by the trees.

1 Like

Try asking one of your dogs to re read the post and explain it to you John :slight_smile:

Off out to walk my dogs in a sane outdoor world.
I’m done with all this rubbish. Misty, i hope your day is dog and child free and if you have cats then my dogs hate them! This was dictated to, and typed by, my dogs. Enjoy your day.

No worries John, I always enjoy my days … especially when they are free from the barking mad ! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Come to think of it mine have never gotten used to the little yellow postie van…my boy isn’t too bad now but my girl has a certain kind of language reserved especially for the post van…not the post lady…just the van…mind you she’s also one of those Collies who given half a chance thinks nothing of standing in the middle of the road to “stare down” an advancing tractor…! x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you know anything about the dog Stella…???

Was it bought as a puppy…???
Was it an older rescue dog…???
What breed is it…??? (Or mixture of breeds)

It sounds like he/she feels quite vulnerable on an elevated balcony with 180 degrees vision…do you know if the dog is shut out on the balcony or if it can still get back in the flat if it gets too much…???

The different breeds have different breed traits and different motivations for doing things…

Maybe something as simple as leaving the dog with a kong toy stuffed with frozen mince or whatever…could leave it
occupied for hours when owners have to go out…???

I have no info about the dog… other than I have said… but I’ll try and check some time next week.

Meanwhile, got a full 4-day stint ahead… :relaxed:

1 Like