Nothing to go on

Apparently, the Police have nothing to go on…

2 Likes

Not your bog-standard bog then? :toilet:

The Royal Stool is not to be sniffed at. I have heard that it has its own Keeper and is directed after the flush to the Fosse du Roi (or de la Reine) in the palace precincts, protected by members of the Household Cavalry, and stored in aeternitate lest it fall into ignoble hands, so to speak…:poop:

I’m wondering why the Italian Artist Maurizio Cattelan actually constructed this gold-toilet in the first place … I find it just a little bizarre. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

well stella, they also build big red toilets with wheels as well - go figure :rofl:

Groom, to be precise.

Odd job, at once menial and at the same time affording unparalleled access to the monarch

Obviously the original “privy” councillor :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, Paul @anon88169868 for a very interesting and historically authentic account which formerly only existed in my cloacal imagination.

There is disappointingly no mention of the procedure by which the stool was managed ‘post-drop’, so to speak, but I expect there is an account in the archives somewhere?

1 Like

Now, of course, we have Prime Ministers who polish turds :wink:

1 Like

Now, of course, we have Prime Ministers who are turds :wink:

FTFY

The small building alongside our house used to be an outside-toilet for the tenants/locals.

Seems a man came by every morning and emptied (whatever) into a cart and took it away. No idea what happened after that.

probably spread on local fields as manure…

Could well be why the local produce is so delicious… :upside_down_face::rofl:

:laughing::crazy_face:

I wonder how she knows ??? (rhetorical question):rofl::joy:

1 Like

Our outdoor “Nettie” is accessible only from the pavement on which our house stands, and the door is unlocked 24/7 for ease of access to les pressé(e)s.

Albeit rudimentary, it does seem to enjoy attract occasional use to judge by the way to toilet roll shrinks, but is always left in clean condition.

In earlier days it sub-served the busy bar-resto which occupied part of the ground floor of the house, as we are often reminded by locals. :hugs:

Very nice Peter…

Ours was nothing so modern… small but built with some magnificent stones… not very high as folk were shorter in those days… two doors (side by side) but no inner dividing wall so a bit odd. Slated roof but with few slates left over the rotten trusses.

The whole ruin was covered with ivy, whose roots and stems were amazingly thick - I reckon that is what caused it to tumble apart… in modern times, few folk noticed the building, so well hidden.

Whatever, after a lot of work, we’ve gained a very nice “garden shed” out of the chaos.