Number One Hero

That song has been playing in my hean for weeks - driving me mad!

1 Like

Thatā€™ll be your bean, old bean. :older_man::hugs:

Thanks for that, you just changed the record -

Well, thatā€™ll be the day, when you say goodbye
Yes, thatā€™ll be the day, when you make me cry
You say youā€™re gonna leave, you know itā€™s a lie
'Cause thatā€™ll be the day when I dieā€¦

Back to the wonderful man this topic was about.
Happy 100th birthday Captain Tom :tada:

100th-birthday

8 Likes

RAF flypast for Capt. Tom
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52484185/captain-tom-raf-flypast-in-veteran-s-honour

4 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this Wozza. Very moving for Colonel Tom. I know he never intended to raise Ā£30m and become a national hero but he really is wonderful.
Izzy x

3 Likes

I canā€™t take any more of this sickly sentimentality.
My beautiful, clever stepdaughter has incurable cancer and depends on regular injections to slow the advance of the disease.
She just had a letter from the hospital in the UK telling her that her next injection would be postponed. But they did send her a box of chocolates.
Such crass insesitivity doe nothing to cheer anyone up.
If you feel good about your charity donation, think about that. . . .

5 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that. Xx

1 Like

Thatā€™s absolutely disgusting Mike.

So sorry.

2 Likes

Poor woman, poor all of you Mike, itā€™s desperately unfair and we should none of us forget how the decades of austerity have robbed the people in order to stuff the wallets of the super-rich, and their own. The reckoning must follow.

I do hope your step-daughter will pull through, and get the treatment she needs to keep her illness under control. All my best to you and yours.

2 Likes

Very sad to hear that Mike. The poor woman must be frantic with worry as, I imagine all the family are. She must be in terrible danger from catching Covid-19 and I hope sincerely that once that danger passes she will be able to resume her treatment.
I will refrain from making any more comments on this thread and would respectfully suggest that anyone wanting to continue the discussion should open another topic that you can avoid. Iā€™m sure no-one wants to cause upset.
Stay safe and I wish you peace.
Izzy x

3 Likes

Let us hope that the postponement will not affect her treatment too much.

I am aware that a handful of units have cancelled all chemotherapy - this is actually not the general recommendation but it obviously depends on local staffing levels and priorities.

Mike - do you know the name of the drug involved? (PM me if you donā€™t want that on the open forum).

1 Like

Exactly.
I am so sorry about your stepdaughter.

4 Likes

There are lots of instances recently were police officers have been given treats,ranging from small children giving packets of sweets,to large companies making deliveries to police stations

2 Likes

and there have been instances during this awful timeā€¦ where gendarmes are giving treats/help to kids who are in need ā€¦

Stop it, Eddie! And you too, Stella @smwsplr!! :raised_hand::no_entry::roll_eyes:

I feel a rush of dreadful inflammatory :fire::fire:puns sweeping over me, and I donā€™t want to raise another partisan shit-storm.

My heart bleeds :broken_heart:ā€¦all those Snickers :no_entry::smiley::innocent:

Probably a good thing as reading back I think we would disagree completely

1 Like

Peter is only jokingā€¦ (I hope)

Our Gendarmes are excellent and I am pleased to see them doing good within the Community.

1 Like

Readers take careful note!

Stella is the keenest observer and unmatched judge of the subtle nuances of my various observations, a precisely calibrated weather-vane of taste and probity, which she combines with the exactitude and power of the Great Hadron Collider, but sporting a more fetching hat. :hugs:

Watch with awe, and be guided by her gnomic pronouncements at all times!