Odd Socks can get new lease of life

Great idea…

https://www.ouest-france.fr/leditiondusoir/2022-11-04/ne-jetez-plus-vos-chaussettes-orphelines-cette-association-leur-offre-une-deuxieme-chance-aca37314-238d-48e1-8278-a7440b1baf65

3 Likes

Good idea!

After years of frustration, puzzling over how could I possibly lose so many socks, I finally gave up worrying about it, and filled a plastic sack with orphan socks, which the bin men took away!

But where could they have gone? Eaten by the washing machine? Flushed out somehow? Stolen from the washing line? But who would steal just one sock?

I’m going to buy multiple pairs of socks all the same colour, so won’t groan anymore looking for socks that match!

Would it matter if socks were all different, not matching, and you just put on a non-matching pair? Or would people think you a bit barmy? I suppose it’s a matter of discipline in the end! But over socks?

1 Like

They are not odd socks, I have another pair just like them in the drawer :joy:

3 Likes

I just buy packs of same colour from Decathlon and pair them until none left!

1 Like

But where do they go?

Just what I did. Navy blue. Boring but really good quality (I have big feet, and their UK-equivalent size 10-12 means I no longer wear socks out at the toe).

1 Like

You misplace them thats all but see how quickly we think there are forces beyond us at play :joy:

Greatest thing on our washing machine is the pause button and the little door at the top so a once dropped sock can rejoin its opposite number in the vortex machine that sends one of them into a black hole out of our known world.

1 Like

I wear odd socks - under boots, no-one sees them!

4 Likes

I’ve looked for missing socks. They weren’t under the settee, hidden by a cushion, or under the bed, or in other drawers, or in the fridge! A cheeky young friend, when I wasn’t looking, stuffed my drying socks into the fridge! The freezer bit!

I’ll go along with your black hole theory. It was either that, or the sock fairy!

1 Like

In our case its the new puppy, just helping out with the laundry

1 Like

My niece deliberately wears odd socks every day. I’m told it’s a “thing” if you’re 12!
Izzy x

1 Like

Then I’Il be 12!

3 Likes

My dog used to chew anything left lying around after taking off at night and then hide the evidence. Never spent so much replacing my draws in my life!

I have done it all my life :joy: occasionally I’ll get a matched pair out by accident. One box for sports socks, one box for woolly socks et voilà.

1 Like

Perhaps they go to Sqornshellous Zeta ?

1 Like

I’m a tiny bit obsessed with ensuring that my socks match, a throwback, I think, to the days of my mother’s insistence that I wear clean underwear when going out ‘…in case you get knocked down by a bus’. At my age now, the fear of getting knocked down by a bus is that the triage nurse will say ‘…Look, the poor old sod’s wearing odd socks, better do the dementia checks while we’re at it’

6 Likes

1 Like