Oh dear Mr Biden

I wonder why is that? Could it have some thing to do with the commercial interests the Biden family have in China (1.5 bill loan)

Where is the proof? Just more nonsense.

3 Likes

I would assume Infowars, OANN, gab and if it still exists Breitbart have all the “evidence” on this, along with that those lovely US representatives Taylor Greene and Boebert…

3 Likes

What exactly are you referring to?

I u nderstand from your rant that you don’t like elderly articulate politicians (Biden and Pelosi), liberals and environmentailsts, nor do you seem to care too much for some of the US’s cities (note my correct use of ‘too’).

However, I don’t really see what any of your dislikes has to do with my point, which was neither pro-nor anti-Biden. It was simply that China makes a lot of stuff. Fact. The West buys a lot of it . Fact.

And just as the last century was the American Century, so the present one is going to be the Chinese one. Prediction.

Lastly, like his predecessor’s family, Biden’s tried to do business with China a couple of years back. Like the Trumps, the Bidens appear to have been fairly unsuccessful. I like to get my info from internationally respected news sources, not wacko conspiracy sites.

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m missing something. But could Mr Bird (or perhaps one of his correspondents) please tell me what bleating on about Biden has got to do with Surviving in France.
I thought this forum was supposed to be of practical assistance to those of us who have chosen to live here. May I suggest that anyone posting topics that do not meet this criterion should be suspended for a period of, say, 12 months ?

While I would perhaps actually agree with this :rofl: this is in the ‘politics’ section of the site and as long as it doesn’t encroach on the ‘living in France’ sections I don’t see any harm as people can just avoid it.

Edit; if we’re taking votes can I add anyone that mentions the word vaccine, or in any way refers to them by any name, from this point onwards:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

If a post breaches the T&C of the site, then flag it for attention by the Team - that is the only way the community can address such issues
You can de that by clicking on the image icon associated with the post and selecting the appropriate option.
@cat

1 Like

It’s a community of English-speaking people living, or interested in living in France. We can talk about what we like.

3 Likes

How terrifically dull that would be, if that were all, don’t you think? Like restricting one’s reading to manuals etc
We can speak about whatever we choose.

2 Likes

@Ian_Morris In fact it’s one of the reasons I enjoy being on SF so much. I actually find the general and the political discussions very interesting. Not least because there are some very knowledgeable people here.

2 Likes

As an awful lot of our readership are not capable of discussing much (if anything) in French, being able to chew the cud in English is probably quite an essential element of surviving :slight_smile:

But if we are going to start banning people for 12 months for thread deviation, can we also move to organise public floggings for any passing Brexiteers? Just a thought…

8 Likes

Weve got threads about music too, not even french music :scream:

It’s all the EUs fault anyway - they have ruined what would have been a glorious state of true independence. Flog me, flog me now!

(ps - still hunting for the golden unicorn droppings Nigel promised - not found any - I blame EU for that also - and Covid definitely EUs fault, and England failing at World Cup)

3 Likes

do it yourself @mat image

1 Like

Some might say ‘thank goodness’ :see_no_evil:

That said, some of the young black artists who are crossing over and getting big cuts with American or British artists are absolutely incredible, but yeah… then there’s good old Johnny :scream::hear_no_evil:

No :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Mark,
somewhere on linked-in there is chart showing export values from the seventies to date.
Mind-blowing
China comes from nowhere to #1
sorry for brevity, have to get back to work

Le vice anglais, we all know about les anglais and what they get up to :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Do you really want me banned for 12 months ??

Surely not, pretty poor lookout if so. Pffffff