'Oles in the lawn

Last year, we had an invasion of moles, making ‘hills’, this year we have an invasion, of something making, 'oles, DOZENS of them? FROM 1" to 3" diameter.
Never seen the culprits, rats, mice or anything else.
(no not true, seen voles for years, but no 'oles) but the garden must be like an ‘Aero Bar’ beneath the surface, amazing, anyone any any ideas, Please.
See Babeths photo.

Our mole catcher said they could be voles… habiting the runs vacated by the (now) deceased moles.

1 Like

That makes good sense Graham, thanks :+1:, a French friend has replied on F B suggesting voles too, just the size of some of the holes in the surface are pretty big, we have had voles around for years, perhaps a population explosion ? :wink:

Voles, mice… mole-crickets… bush-crickets… bees :thinking:

1 Like

worms on steroids???

1 Like

:rofl:
'pparently there are some ‘whoppers’ about though Phil :thinking:

We have created a new rose garden which is being undermined by mole rats.

‘Rugger’ Jane, at least ours is only grass!

Fairy bombs?! :tada:

1 Like

:+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Toad holes !

2 Likes

I was wondering who would spot it first, well done Mandy - :trophy: :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: It’s not a 'croak, you know! :wink:

1 Like

Going to cut the grass later, if you hear no more from me, you know wotts 'appened :thinking:

2 Likes

Be careful Bill. You don’t know what’s underneath those holes :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly!!! :unamused:

Voilà … folks, I know because my garden is full of these holes and I have seen the toads coming and going, here is an article with photos for the disbelievers among you :wink: :frog::frog::frog:

2 Likes

This maybe ?
bill

3 Likes

Ho! Ho!, you’ll be sorry about laughing, when you all read the obituary about my horrific demise in the “hatched, matched and dispatched” column in The Times, (maybe, TheSun)!:thinking:

2 Likes