Once an actress......always an actress

whole bleeding family are a bundle of larfs… :roll_eyes:

I did not explain what I meant by “just”. By ascribing to her the role of “actress” what it does is give permission for her words to be ignored. Her words can be interpreted as “made up” “a script” or even “lies”. So her experiences, her emotions, her life story become “invented” and not worthy of merit or consideration.

4 Likes

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/meghan-markle-prince-andrew-investigations_n_60404f4dc5b601179ec27be1?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Plus - it’s adopting the ‘damage limitation’ line that pretty obviously originates from one side of the conflict, and is clearly being propagated by royal ‘experts’ who have not actually seen the interview - so not very credible.

1 Like

Agree that these are major issues. However, it was only recently that I realised Meghan Markle was black. I assumed she was a typical suntanned over-made up Californian… (A bit dumb perhaps, but I pay very little attention to the royal family, and most of what I know is told me by French friends who are fans).

3 Likes

I agree JJ - some people just want to be black :thinking:

1 Like

Any chance of explaining that one Graham?

“Some people just want to be white” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it for those with certain attitudes methinks.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s right, Graham. There are Americans on here who will correct me, I think, but my experience in talking with my American relatives is that if there is a black/brown ancestor anywhere then you are considered black. Having done genealogy for years, it was a bit of a shock at first to discover that US censuses recorded colour (they may have stopped now - no idea) and it wasn’t actually colour - it was racial origin.
I have a couple of young, somewhat remote, cousins who are sisters. They look extremely similar but because of who their respective fathers are, one identifies as black and the other as white. There is a lot of racial prejuduce in the UK of course but it seems to me to take a different form from that in the US

Hi Dan welcome back
Just in the same way that perversely some black people want to be white… Michael Jackson comes to mind…
It’s a strange world.

1 Like

Apparently she thought that her son would be a Prince because Harry is one.
She understood nothing about the title Prince passing down the line from the 1st heir.
Why somebody who wanted to keep out of the limelight is courting it so assiduously now is a mystery to me.
Money?

1 Like

Ego? :thinking:

Of course. Because they need to make a living and she is using what she knows best which is the world of the media.

Neither did I. And so what? She comes from a completely different world. Why should she have any awareness what so ever as to what being a “royal” in GB entails?

I have admiration for both of them. They are carving out their own purpose in life rather than adhering to the “thou shalts” and “thou musts” of the worlds from which they both come. I wish them very well and I believe they are sincere and that in years to come they will be excellent role models.

8 Likes

A feeling of injustice?

1 Like

“Once an actress…always an actress” - what a mean thought.

3 Likes

Indeed. And having been an actress (on television I think I heard) the idea that she ‘wanted to keep out of the limelight’ is truly bizarre, isn’t it?
Surely a better explanation for her actions is that - like a great many actors and ‘celebrities’ - she doesn’t - mind the limelight, but feels there should be boundaries preventing things like having your private family correspondence obtained and published against your wishes.
I don’t follow the royals so don’t know the details - but in principle celebrities that feel like this are absolutely right, aren’t they? Otherwise it’s back to phone hacking, etc. There have to be some limits to media intrusion and illegality.

2 Likes

Apparently she was very upset when she hadn’t given birth to Prince Archie.
The hangers on at the Palace have always had a dreadful reputation, so I am sure that they have played some part in this fiasco.
The one person we have not heard a peep from is her ex.

1 Like

A woman who has her own problems within her own family, only one turns up to her wedding, marries into the Royal family. The Royals are branded as racist, unkind etc. There seems to be one common denominator here :thinking:

That families can be a pain in the neck, be they your own or ones you marry into.

1 Like

I have to say Jane,you have echoed my thoughts about hangers on etc

Or a Royal Family having learned no lessons from Diana destroying yet another outsider?

More than one way of deciding what the common denominator is.

4 Likes