Only in France

Today we were out filming some off road action (don’t ask…) and were on a track in the middle of nowhere. We turn a corner and see a tractor. So we slow down. Thank god we did. We pass the tractor and see it is towing a pony. Which is pulling a cart.

I presume this was "teach your pony not to bothered about traffic. Or landrovers."

The poor little sod was covered with sweat and looking so stressed. The worst thing was, I was too gob smacked to react and we drove on.

I would like to get the tractor driver, put blinkers on him, attach him to a tractor in front and expose him to loud scary noises. And attach an exercise cart.

Presumably by next week the pony will be sold as "perfect for ride and drive"

GRRRR.

Absolutely, once any animal is dead, it is how they get to that point that bothers me, they should not be transported for long distances and they shouldn’t be left at the abbatoirs for long periods of time before they are slaughtered. I have eaten horsemeat accidentally and actually it was very nice! In my long experience with horses there are the odd few that would be better on a plate than ridden!!!

And I spent 20 minutes on Sultan’s back trying to convince him that he could stand still with his 4 feet in a little pond!!! God, I should have thrown him off a boat!!! It would have been much quicker!!! lol

Hi!!

I might sound harsh, but, once the horse is dead, where is the cruelty in eating the meat? We eat other animals just as cute and as lovely (lambs, cows, chicken).

Unless you are 100% vegan, then, I don’t think you can juge meat-eating people…

A “cretin de francais”…

Cher compatriote dear colander,

It’s true that can happen from time to time to find an old ancecter still eating horsemeat as during the war the hadn’t always much choice. Now about you “DEAR boy friend” FUXK HIM OURT straight away. The fact he still does it means he doesn’t love you. Mean he’s no respect for the horses in general. And to be honest the few still eating horsemeat in Belgium are supposed to be the very LOW CLASS of people the class who couldn’t afford to ride a horse and therefore had no special link with horses.
Where about do you live SPREAK JIJ NEDERLANDS OF PARLES TU FRANCAIS (LE BELGE) OU COMME CE DEVRAIT ETRE LE CAS DE TOUS LES BELGES PARLES TU LES 2 LANGUES ET L’ANGLAIS ?
JE SUIIS DE WATERLOO IK WOON IN WATERLOO MAAR WAS BORN IN SCHAERBEEK BXL . IK HEB EEN KLEINE DOMEIN IN SUID FRANKRIJK VERKOCHT OM MY BELOVED PARDEN TE FOKKEN MET MEER WEIDEN AND FRESH AIR

Looking forward to hear from you
Horseley yours

Muriel Heerebout
mail heerebout.muriel @gmail.com

I don’t think they realise how cruel they are being, such bloody ignorance!

Should we start a campaign against eating horse like " NON UN CHEVAL CELA NE SE MANGE PAS !!! MAIS A LA PLACE VOUS DEVRIEZ MANGER CES CRETINS DE FRANCAIS LEUR VIANDE A SUREMENT PLUS DE GOUT" they make me vomiting…