Operation was bigger deal than anticipated!

Three weeks ago my elbow swelled up and no amount of antibiotics or Penicillin was working to reduce the inflammation. Today I had it taken care of. 23 staples, a four day drain and a three week arrêt de travail. Absolutely faultless efficiency from all concerned, my wife included!

6 Likes

Sounds nasty, hope your recovery goes well James. I’m on light duties myself at the moment…it’s tough…not…:wink:

2 Likes

Oooch the problem with infection, bleeding etc on a joint is there is a space for ‘yuck’ to gather and build up
A couple of years ago I had cellulitis on my upper arm from a bite I didn’t feel ( whilst in France) I had to be tested for Lyme disease as we have sheep and deer around us

2 Likes

Ouch, that sounds painful. Wishing you better soon.

2 Likes

All the best James, hope it wasn’t the drinking arm :beer::beer::beer::beer:

4 Likes

I hope it gets well soon!

2 Likes

Ouch!!
Get well soon.

3 Likes

Sounds nasty, thankfully you are in safe hands and have a great nurse (Cat) ready to pander to your every whim :wink:
Get well soon James.

4 Likes

It does, indeed, sound horrendous - hope that the joint itself wasn’t affected and you are on the mend.

As the old surgeons say “when there’s pus about, let it out”.

2 Likes

Sounds 'armless to me.

4 Likes

A bit near the knuckle that, John, if not the pits​:wink:. Reckon you can expect a slap on the wrist from James in due course, if he doesn’ t give you the cold shoulder, or elbow you out. I bet Cat will be giving you a :-1:and possibly the :fu:. :grin:

3 Likes

Any reason for the swelling James?
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Thanks! It was infected, hence the swelling. Much better now, having the drain removed on Monday all being well.

1 Like

Poor James - you have been unlucky. I hope now you are feeling better, and that your elbow heals soon.

1 Like

Thanks @Rosie_Savage we just redressed the wound and I saw the scar for the first time, it’s 4 inches long. I think it was quite a serious infection!

Yes that sounds pretty serious

Hope you feel better now the operation has been done xxx

1 Like

It’s healing well, just had the bandage changed and drain removed.

I did take a photo but I’ll spare you all as it’s a bit gruesome!

1 Like

Good news! Sounds like a bit of an ouch moment though. Makes me wince just thinking about it.

All the best.

2 Likes

Having seen my brother recently after open heart surgery, where they couldn’t close the surgical wound for a week (it looked like he’d been attacked with an axe), nothing could faze me.

Surgery can be pretty gruesome…

1 Like