Orange weather alert

The storms will miss us in The Tarn but I imagine a lot of you will be affected. Stay safe everyone.

On their way to us here Mandy, sky is looking menacing … Spent the morning picking cherries (kilos and kilos of them) before the hailstones and 70 km/h winds arrive ! :scream:

1 Like

Oh cherries :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum: I adore cherries. Will you be making jam and compote?

Do you have trees in your garden? So expensive to buy aren’t they?

Batten down the hatches :fearful:

It’s a tree in a friends garden and I have never seen it so full. The cherries are delicious, 6 of us were working on it and have had so many cherries that we are stuffed. Buckets of cherries given to everyone who helped with more given to neighbours. My friend will be bottling quite a few in alcohol, others are making jams, tarts and anything you can do with them. Here are just a couple of the many bucket fulls …

2 Likes

2 Likes

So beautiful. Lucky you :grinning:

We’re lucky in that we have two clients who never get to eat their cherries, maybe we should pick everything and sell them?:wink:

1 Like

They look so nice :hugs:, we have a young cherry tree, but has sadly been savagaly attacked by black flyes :cry:

1 Like

Had a bit of rain, few rumbles of thunder, but that was about it in “La Creuse profonde” (23), bit disappointing really.

1 Like

We have been given beautiful cherries by our neighbors.
Our trees are still too young.

1 Like

We have a cherry tree but birds got them before we could! How do u protect ur tree so that u get to enjoy so many cherries!

Once again it depends on the year Meghann. Last year virtually nothing and this year a bumper crop of cherries, apples, and peaches.
The tree isn’t protected at all, when we see that the cherries are ripening we start picking, we always leave the very topmost branches for the birds :slight_smile:

1 Like