Our Carte Vitals to migrate to our smartphones

2 Likes

The one complaint I would have about Manu’s great digitisation project (because thank goodness most of it has been incredibly successful) is that things are still very disjointed. I don’t want a carte vitale app, I already have an Ameli app. I’m not clogging up my devices with a billion apps, I’ve been there, done that, as I suspect most people with smartphones have, but then after a while you end up pairing things down to things you actually use. Surely they could work with the existing app and add the functionality to that. It’s the same with websites, so many addresses, so many logins, so many different things in different places. Obviously France Connect helps bypass the logins, but it’s all so disjointed.

Sorry, rant over. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Of course, not everyone has a mobile phone
 let alone one which will take the necessary App

Thus, I can’t see the actual CV being tossed on the rubbish heap
 not just yet

4 Likes

like to see my MT get my smartphone into his card reader - should be a real tonic when you’re feeling a bit down :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I suppose my CV could migrate into someone’s smartphone, but it won’t be mine because I don’t have one. No doubt there are a few million others like myself, so although the App might run alongside the traditional CV, it certainly won’t be replacing it anytime in the next 20 years or more.

Sounds good, I will embrace the change.

4 Likes

I think it’s a cunning plan to kill of Luddites :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Good! The sooner the better!

Some these days regard it as a badge of honour to perversely go on about not needing a smart phone. Hell, only yesterday, I was again held up in a checkout line by a seemingly luddite old lady going through the ritual of paying by cheque, then, half way through the performance, her phone rang and of course that held us up even more as no way was she going to miss the call

Her phone? It was an iphone 12 :rofl:

3 Likes

:eyes:

:joy:

1 Like

It can be plain vanilla. It can be platinum/diamond studded from Tiffany - it could be flat.

Of course, there’s a lot of stuff and nonsense spluttered about mobile phones
 and some even think everyone should have one
 :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s at least 2 of us then Robert. :rofl:
And to @John_Scully & @Adam1 , if we were luddites we would be going round smashing up smart phones, and have absolutely no time to do anything else, including eating and sleeping. :roll_eyes:

Some these days regard it as a badge of honour to perversely go on about not needing a smart phone.

I we ever get anywhere near the banging on about how many things their smart phones can do by those who have them, your comment might be valid. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

I am all right Jack.
what happens to those of us who do not have smart phones?

1 Like

Until the world no longer has folk who are unable to deal with modern technology (for whatever reason)
 there will always be “the ordinary way” to do things
 and for some folk, even that way will need to be carefully administered/organized.

In today’s world, while encouraging modern technology, France leaves the ordinary way
 available
 for those who need it (for whatever reason
)

1 Like

And it needs to be, Not every one is a brain box kid. We can slow down just a little
maybe the world will be a better place if we do.

1 Like

Everyone should have a smart phone, not me I have a computer for those things that are done on line .I have a telephone portable because I receive most messages in text form because I am hard of hearing .I don’t need a smartphone, luddite no I just don’t have a use for one.I should add that instead of moaning at the client moan at the shop for not opening enough tills!

2 Likes

The point is of course that the ordinary way will become the extraordinary way. It’s semantics somewhat of course but just as nobody would consider signing the receipt for a debit card transaction to be ‘the ordinary way’ anymore, it once of course was. For those unable to use chip and pin there is still the option of chip and sig, but it is a niche service that you have to specifically request with a valid reason. So with Carte Vitales, there will likely always be a physical card, but it will likely become a niche for those few who specifically need one. This place is perhaps skewed slightly given the membership but if (and of course it is if) stopping producing physical cards for all at some point in the future (and I’d expect that to be more like 5, 10 years max, not the ludicrous suggestion of over 20) is shown to save money and be more environmentally friendly I’d expect it to be warmly adopted by most
 although of course this is France so it’s just as possible people will be in the streets burning cars and delivering dung to the CPAM offices in protest :see_no_evil::joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I know the term is misused David. However, like it or not, more and more revolves around them these days. I’m my 84 year old neighbour’s tech support department. He’s delighted with his, especially the facial recognition and navigation capabilities when he’s on manoeuvres.

3 Likes

What do folks in very rural areas do?, many have very poor internet & mobile phone coverage so it’s not always possible to use the endless app’s. even if they wanted to! With the continual threats of electricity outages, you’d think it would be wiser to not just rely on one way of doing thingsđŸ€”

1 Like

Generally we like technology, we like new things, I don’t think we are neophobes to the extent ‘les anglais’ seem to be, or at least not in the same way. Having your CV on your telephone isn’t seen as a bad thing unlike eg self scan tills which take people’s jobs and stop human interaction.

Of course ‘les anglais’ like them but that’s because speaking to anyone is too embarrassing and they hate it :wink::joy::joy:

Of course this is blanket stereotyping and I am saying ‘les anglais’ deliberately and without any intent to offend.

8 Likes