Outbound to the Emerald Isle

It's been a while & this will be the first of a few blog posts to catch up on recent events...

Firstly, We had a good journey from Montpellier to Paris with Air France, appeared to be a better service than BA.The little one actually had a baggage allowance of her own!

We arrived at Paris CDG expecting a quick connection but found we had to take the bus from the aircraft to terminal f then we had to go out of the airport and walk to terminal e where we had to go through security again. We only had 1 hour connection time & the walk (or waddle for me) was at least half an hour. Thankfully the security people saw I was pregnant & pushing a pushchair & sped us through & we made it to the gate with just enough time for a nappy change.

The flight to Dublin from Paris was with CityJet (by Airfrance) and again we were pleased with the service. These aircraft have 3 rows of 2 seats at the back which was ideal for us with the little one as there was extra room around us for her to wriggle without disturbing other passengers.

One thing we did notice when travelling with an infant on your lap is you are restricted to which seats you can have because of the overhead oxygen masks.

On arrival at Dublin we had booked a taxi with infant seat through www.childfriendlytaxis.ie the chap who runs this, Simon, met us at the airport and we were swiftly taken to our apartments (Premier Suites - more about them in later blogs) near St Stephens Green. What a great idea he had to market himself in this niche.

Anyway, hubbie installed us & shot off to work, the little one & I decided to have a siesta & then planned our activities for the following days. I should learn by now that things never go to plan!

Over the next couple of days we happily explored Dublin (I've been before but it's funny how you appreciate different things when you have a child) and each day we met Daddeeeeeeeeeeee for lunch (the highlight of her day with the exception of daddeeee bathtime).

All was going smoothly until Friday & that's when it all began.....

Looking forward to the next episodeā€¦