Over 50, getting up to wee in the night

Coffee is a bladder irritant too.

I suspect cutting coffee out for a couple of weeks then gradually reintroducing a couple of morning cups might show a difference.

Sounds like most of the stuff we’ve discussed is covered in the urologist’s vid… …except the stockings :grin: anyone fancy those?? :joy:

Stockings, count me in :+1:

Wondered when that would light you up :grin: good excuse now it’s a bit nippier, or at leas that’s what you can tell the postman :joy:

I have learned to embrace it. I half wake up, half open my better eye, feel my way to the toilet in the almost complete darkness that my wife insists she needs to be able to sleep, sit on the toilet, do it, then return to bed in the same manner and fall straight back to sleep. No problem!

I thought this is what a hot water bottle is for!

:joy::joy::joy: That’s not a half bad idea,

I do too, and my bladder sleeps when I’m asleep because the need to pee never wakes me up.

However, if I wake up at say 4 am for other reasons and can’t get back to sleep, my bladder decides to wake up as well, and within 10 to 15 minutes or so, while listening to the radio, I feel the need to pee!

The loo never calls when I’m asleep.

1 Like

Au contraire @AngelaR , au contraire. I was encouraged to do pelvic floor excercises many years ago by a physio because of a lower back injury. Although us blokes don’t have as complicated a pelvic floor muscle arrangment as the ladies, we do have them :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Edit: I see the point has already been made, multiple times. Ah well, always late to the game.

Just imagining you all doing your pelvic floor exercises before bedtime haha.
Only drink decaf in the afternoon so doubt these coffee rumours are true, like to debunk myths.

I am finding this conversation fascinating and also a bit of a depressing vision of things to come, seeing I too am an old person.
At the moment I drink several litres of tea and coffee every day between 7am and 1am and don’t need to scuttle to the loo ever.
Trampolining is great for your pelvic floor and great fun.

2 Likes

Not if you want a girlfriend.

1 Like

:grin: Sorry you find it depressing, but it’s just part of getting old, I’m cutting out coffee from tomorrow for a week, I will be drinking only Guinness all day, to see if that changes anything,
I will be walking to my bar tabac at 4km per hr, (in stockings) and with any luck getting my trampoline delivered at the weekend, should be a laugh after 10 cans of Guinness.
No way am I growing old gracefully :wink:

5 Likes

It won’t, but you won’t care :grin: I will decide I am actually old the day I can’t do cartwheels any more.

4 Likes

Hmm… haven’t been able to do cartwheels since I broke my wrist/arm very badly… but I still enjoy very amateur football with the youngsters at school… although hopscotch is my favourite. :rofl: :rofl: so I reckon I’m still quite young :roll_eyes:

I’ve never been able to do cartwheels - far too uncoordinated!

3 Likes

One of my A-level chemistry projects involved determining the quantity of caffeine in a teaspoon of tealeaves as opposed to a teaspoon of instant coffee - the tealeaves won by a long stretch.

1 Like

What sort of tests or examinations did you have when your prostate was checked?

If you find you are peeing all the time, day and night and you are often thirsty, get checked for diabetes.

3 Likes