Paint for outside of house

I should add, that no one has ever complained about the different shade our house is, to the rest, so I’m not rushing to change things , its been like it for a good 12 yrs and may need doing again soon. So white Dulux exterior again then :rofl:

The marie in Roumazières-Loubert are fairly strict regarding external house colours.

I use Sandtex for the walls, expensive but worth it IMO.

Is your house in the town, Nigel, or out in the sticks (like me!)? I’m thinking that urban rules may be stricter?

Hi Angela,
its right in the middle of town.
When I applied for planning permission for various changes, the application had to go to CAUE of Charente (Conseil d’architecture, d’urbanisme et de l’environnement). Apparently they told my architect that the house was of some historical importance which was why they were so strict about the colours.

1 Like

Anyone seen that bright pink/red monstrosity of a hotel at the Chancelade/Perigueux roundabout.

The only good thing (??) about this horror… is that it’s impossible to miss. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That makes sense Nigel! I live in a ramshackle peasant cottage in the middle of nowhere, part of which housed animals as well as people - not of the slightest significance I think :smiley:

There is an interesting aspect of French taste that seems to run to concrete and pink, preferably together :rofl:

(Sorry @vero - I wasn’t meaning that all French people see things that way :smiley: )

1 Like

You are right, it is extraordinary this bizarre idea that pink rendered concrete looks like a nice Côte d’Azur style plaster stucco paint whatever finish. Alas no.

It’s been various shades over the years… this is the latest, I think

That is like extra concentrated Suffolk Pink. Though you do see that shade in Suffolk.

Good grief, @stella :scream:
At least it’s a useful navigation point when giving directions to people I suppose…

The photo is not really accurate… I do know a bit about Suffolk Pink… having lived there for several years…

This particular hotel is a most putrid colour… it’s been more of a purple, more of a pink and now this it’s more of a … aaaargh.

but, yes, it’s impossible to miss so makes a useful navigation point…

I drove carefully from the Abbaye d’Echourgnac … looking for a pink monstrosity… and… I found it and our friends who live nearby… yippee.

1 Like

On exterior paint needing resistance to weathering here it’s come up on another thread before, 3V3 gets rave reviews for exterior.

I had some ready to go this summer but between all the admin stuff for CdS, covid strategy, CPAM, etc and the upheaval of all that’s suddenly affected by Brexit, plus our rather unsummery summer this year, I’ve only got the woodstaining done this year and the exterior wood painting, for which I happily got 3V3 in from the brico, is going to have to wait.