Passport Renewal Date

Just wondering if you know when your passport expires…

It’s one of those things that we may well have… lying about… or tucked away… half forgotten.

Might be an idea to take a look and check it out… rather than find it has expired just when you need to use it… :upside_down_face::zipper_mouth_face::thinking:

Isn’t it a requirement in france to carry your passport with you as ID?

I carry mine at all times, but was told early on, that it didn’t qualify as “piece d’identite”

No Graham it isn’t - another one of those urban myths :slight_smile: However, it does qualify as a ‘pièce d’identité’.

1 Like

I renewed mine last November, 5 months early because of Brexit looming. I had added months, which they don’t do anymore, and was told after Brexit they may not be counted.

Well ok Simon…
That’s really what I meant.

France : According to Atout France , French police recommend carrying your passport and a copy of your passport separately. It is French law that you carry some form of identification with you at all times; this doesn’t need to be a passport .

I was really making the point that if you have your passport in daily view, you are more likely to know its expiry date…
For us, the CdSs perform that function now.

Only thing is - that’s just not the case Graham. That’s the problem with urban myths - hard to shake off lol :slight_smile: Maybe this link will help to clarify further…

http://www.droitissimo.com/papiers/generalites/oblige-carte-identite-sur-moi

No you can get dragged down the nick for 4 hours whilst they check… Its not obligatory in fact - just in practice

Surely… unless you have done something dastardly … they will simply ask you to report to the local Gendarmes within a time-frame, armed with all necessary paperwork…

I know of a couple of instances where that was how it all panned out… :wink:

1 Like

I’m waiting for a blue one :crazy_face: