Peage problem

Hi - my husband wants to go from Niort to the Vendee service area using the peage. He wants to pick up someone there coming down from Nantes and then he wants to return to Niort.The problem is that last time we did this, he got charged for the full trip to Nantes and then back to Niort again. I suppose its because he didnt record leaving the peage so the system assumed he had driven all the way there and back.
Any ideas on stopping this happening again?
Diane

Sounds to me that he needs to leave the péage (paying to do so) and then rejoin the péage travelling in the opposite direction, collecting whoever on the way.

but I’m sure others will chime in…

3 Likes

My first thoughts exactly!

1 Like

Thanks for that - it is on my mind but our map of the route doesn’t actually show where the Vendee service station is and so I am unsure which exit to take and how to get back on it. From my recollection of the route, I cant remember seeing on overhead carriageway in that area???
Diane

If you use via Michelin on line it shows the tolls, calculates the charges etc

I thought once a ticket was dispensed at the peage all the exits had payment tolls?
Is it possible to get the name of the service station?

Via Michelin says it is impossible to calculate this route ???

I have tried approaching it through St Hermine and found the road into Aire de La Vendee but we were on the wrong side of the perimeter fence and had to climb over a padlocked fence to collect our passengers and their luggage.

Diane - are the passengers at a Péage stopping place/aire in the other direction??

If so, you simply go past there and leave the Péage higher up. Then join the Péage in the other direction and drop down to collect the passengers. No need to struggle with fences - a wonder you weren’t apprehended by Security :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Pffffff seriously - is this a wind up ??? That’s totally illegal and you are defrauding the autoroutes as well you know. If you don’t want to pay - don’t use autoroutes!

Just when you think you’ve heard it all…jeeeeeeeezzzzzzz

Yes - use the autoroutes legally.

We are driving to the Aire de la Vendee from Niort.Our passenger is driving south from Nantes to the Aire.We meet up at the vendee,hand over a passenger ,my husband returns to Niort and the car bringing the passenger then drives on to Roche sur yon. I would prefer not to have to climb a fence too, It sounds easy but then we have to do it all again the other way. I guess I am only looking for information as to what exit to leave the A83 on that will allow me to return to the aire having clocked out a toll gate and then being able to drive south on the A83 having joined the south carriageway through a toll gate but still being North of the aire???

Go past the Aire de la Vendée. Exit the A83 at Bournezeau - an additional 9 or so kms.
Round the roundabout just after the toll booths and rejoin the A83 towards Niort.

4 Likes

Phewww thanks Ian - I thought I’d just entered the Twilight Zone…blimey.

2 Likes

Google maps - simples!
Sorry, wrong company.

1 Like

Thanks Ian… this is what I suggested, but I did not have the fine details. :upside_down_face::relaxed:

2 Likes

Blimey you were lucky that security wasn’t around… the fence is padlocked for a reason you could have been hurt, you could have been in a shed load of trouble, including explaining all that at the Gendarmerie !

1 Like

Why would anyone think they could do such a daft thing? You can’t do it in the UK and they aren’t even toll motorways!

Again somebody is just asking for advice and being berated. We have met contacts at service stations on the A62 where you can arrive in one direction and leave in the opposite. Meeting to sell goods on Le Bon Coin. The first time we did it the Barrier refused our ticket and went through a lengthy debate, via the speakerphone, to explain why we were leaving from the same place we entered. We were allowed on our way and told to expect same routine if we intended doing it again. We were NOT avoiding payment just using the road system to make meetings more advantageous for both parties .

3 Likes

Not sure that Simon can see this Dan as he, and I of course, are on the ‘exalted list’ no doubt someone will remind you…Oh dear you really must keep on top of things Dan :joy::joy::joy:

Sounds like a plot for a sitcom!

1 Like