Pellet boilers pellet log burners - Toulouse area

Lucky you, David… …

Mmm… jacket potatoes cooked in the slow oven of the Aga…wow, we have such happy memories of the old Aga in the pub kitchen… :relaxed:

All ready to go.

1 Like

We live just north of Toulouse and although we do not use a pellet burning stove, we do use a wood burning/coal burning Rayburn for heating, hot water and cooking. Obviously in the warmer months we do not light the stove, so rely on solar power to heat the water. It is dusty and takes more effort than a pellet burner but it gave us the things we were looking for. With regard to the purchase, we priced it here in France, very limited to suppliers, and then got quotes from UK. In the end we bought it in England and had it shipped over on a pallet, It was heavy, cumbersome and a bit difficult to get it up the two front steps but with a bit of ingenuity and ramp, it was achieved. We saved well over 40% on the price and would do it again if required. With the current rate of exchange, it would be more of a saving now. The biggest problem was finding someone to fit it as the original AGA installer let us down. We found a local man and he had it all fixed up within a long afternoon, but we already had the chimney lined so if starting from scratch, a day would see it done.

has anyone bought one of these eco box log burner? i have never heard of them before

Hi Richard, I don’t have any personal contacts/experience but there used to be a video on their web-site/you-tube showing airflow throughout a house using incense sticks at the tops and bottoms of door ways showing warm air heading into rooms and pushing cooler air back to be re-heated - you might be able to find it somewhere.
The testimonials and case studies seem OK. The science seems simple (low maintenance costs) and believable.

It appeals to me, as we seem to find ourselves trying to sit the perfect distance from our cast iron stove (not to close to scorch, not to far away to be cold).
Just to be clear, I’m not on their payroll but I do have a leaning toward systems where heat is extracted efficiently from fuel that is cheap easy to get and then stored so whilst I have yet to install my sytems I am currently expecting to fit
a) one of these to provide a general level of temperature, coupled with
b) log burning wood gasification burner into an 3000l accumulator tank to create HW and run existing radiators if required.
I’m not sure which would be the primary system and which would be the support.

hi ray I have got the house am looking at so I need to find a wood pellet burner and pellet burner for my central heating this research thing is a nightmare

what make of wood pellet stove did you purchase and were do you buy your pellets from thanks in advance

hi I contacted moreland cookers they quoted what you said I might go with them seem ok I think the French option is a lot more expensive

Hi Brian

We live near Toulouse and are looking for an engineer to instal our electric aga. Do you have the contact details for the engineer in Normandy? If not can you suggest anyone else?

Many thanks

Sally

Hi Sally

Sorry but I don’t have his details. Maybe if you contact Moreland cookers
in the UK they can help?

I know he is resident in Normandy but not much else im afraid. Sorry but I
don’t know of anyone else.

I do know there is an aga shop in Rennes so i assume there may well be one
near you who may be able to recommend someone.

One thing that occurs to me is if your aga just needs connecting an
electrician may be a cheaper option?

Hope you get it sorted

Regards

Brian