Philanthropy

I’ve often wondered why the leaders of so many high tech companies take salaries that are way beyond their needs yet have a direct impact on millions who are forced to pay more than is necessary for the everyday products they buy. There are other ways to share wealth.

2 Likes

I see the Israelis have eventually gained a court ruling that they can bulldoze another Palestinian village out of existence in their quest for Zionism. Absolutely disgusting what those people get away with.

1 Like

Which court?

1 Like

Israel’s Supreme Court.

1 Like

Oh that is OK then as they are completely independent!

1 Like

If you say so.

1 Like

Mat was being sarcastic Damian.

2 Likes

So was I Tim and although not readily apparent was going along with the flow, sort of attempting to emphasis the sarcasm. I’ll stop now.

1 Like

Free Palestine…! :heart:

Hundreds of Palestinian flags were flown on the main floor of Labour’s Party conference yesterday despite the British flag not being allowed. The flags, which were flown with approval of the Labour leadership, were handed out to delegates by activists before the Conference passed a motion demanding a freeze on arms sales to Israel and an investigation into the deaths of Palestinians on the Gaza border.

Shockingly, earlier in the week Labour constituencies chose to debate “Palestine” with more than 188,000 votes – making it the only international issue to receive a dedicated debate in Liverpool and thousands more votes than for concerns such as the NHS, the welfare system, or Brexit.

Delegates chanted “Free Palestine” as a motion condemning the Israeli response to protests in the Gaza Strip was moved by Colin Monehen from Harlow CLP, who said security would need to remove him from the stage after his speech ran overtime.

The motion read, “[The] conference urges an independent, international investigation into Israel’s use of force against Palestinian demonstrators; a freeze of UK Government arms sales to Israel; and an immediate unconditional end to the illegal blockade and closure of Gaza.”

The Palestinans have started a case in the International Court of Justice agains the USA for moving its embassy to Jerusalem, which it considers its own capital city.
Trump causing more trouble.
Avaaz is prosecuting him in another jurisdiction than the USA , yet to be anounced, for his dirty financial dealings.
They are asking for financial help, so if you would like this to succeed go their website.

1 Like

Thanks Jane…:heart:

28th September on the 27th Great March of Return…there were 6 more Palestinians murdered…including a 12 year old child Nasser Msabbih…

1 Like

The trouble is most people turn a blind eye and are scared to criticize Israel for the obvious reason, or at least the reason that they believe is obvious.

2 Likes

Just wondering, does your apparent dislike of Israel stop there or does it go further?

You mean being anti-Semitic?

The problem is hatred of the Israeli government for the way it treats Palestinians etc often leads to anti-semitism as witnessed daily by jews all over the world.

1 Like

Surely we don’t have to make that distinction yet again?

1 Like

Not too sure what you mean Ken…???

Does what go further…???

https://www.globalresearch.ca/malaysias-dr-mahathir-mohamad-at-the-un-general-assembly-want-to-end-terrorism-recognise-palestine-and-stop-israeli-atrocities/5655592

In my opinion, Kenneth, you aren’t wondering at all, you’re just trying to provoke an argument with the sole intention of rewarding yourself with a victory.

I was prepared to grant you the benefit of my doubt about your comments, in the interest of encouraging a balance of contrasting viewpoints, and in your own interest which I took to heart.

I was initially pleased to note your re-appearance, but your tone towards @Helen6 is deeply disappointing, so much so that I write off you and your lack of respect for others, and shall be glad to be rid of you and it.

7 Likes

Helen,
I have just posted a long message to Peter Noble, though I doubt it won’t do any good, explaining my post to you.
You are obviously very passionate on the subject of Israel and the Palestinian problems. You also appear, though I could be completely wrong, to be a supporter of the Labour Party and their views on the Palestinian problem.
You will be aware that there is a very strong anti-Semitic thread running through the Labour Party at the moment and indeed, could bring about the downfall of the leader himself!
The question of the refugees, Gaza and indeed a Palestinian state if often used as a guise for anti-semitism. Your post critiquing Israel was strong and passionate as was your support for what Labour is proposing. Peter Noble has accused me of trying to slur you, I can assure you that isn’t the case.
I have to be completely honest and say that as, I have tried to explain, your views were so powerful it raises the specter of being anti-semetic.

Anti-semitism, revisionist thinking and holocaust denial appears to be very strong at the moment. It is most vile, repugnant and endemic in the Labour Party and the criticising of Israel is part of the anti-semitic trend. I have no idea as to your feelings about Jews in general whilst I most certainly have understood the views of the Labour Party!

That was why I asked the question I did.