Philanthropy

A self-appointed Inquisitor-General, Ken? How mediaeval can you get? But don’t tarry, make haste on your purifying mission. And might I recommend the most recent set of thumbscrews as supplied to the House of Saud by royal appointment, or a ducking-stool crafted by QV-Systems?

One last question (a loaded one) - did you invent the new definition of antisemitism, all your own work? Go on, don’t be a tease, bring us up to date just in case you decide to pay us another inquisitorial visit, using another identity.

7 Likes

You’re welcome…x :slight_smile:

I’d have thought it would be obvious though as pacifists don’t generally condone nor justify any violence perpetuated against any other human beings regardless of “race” “religion” “skin colour” “country of birth” “ethnicity” and whatever other labels…and especially when it’s disproportionate…

Hope you sleep easier knowing that…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, one last comment on the subject. First though your sarcasm does you no credit. As for the anti-semitism. The new style is to demonize the state of Israel. Gullible people then, by association, translate it into anti-semitic belief.

It’s an old technique which you seem to demonstrate quite well. In your case, if brought to task you would excuse it as ‘banter’. As I said, your post does you no credit. try a little research on the subject instead.

1 Like

I have to admit I did have an image of The Witchfinder General Matthew Hopkins 1620 to 1647 pop into my head momentarily…x :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t know if you read the last two links I posted or not…the former Israeli soldier said that ultra orthodox uk Jewish people making up about 30 per cent of U.K. Jewish people have said publicly that they don’t regard JC’s stance as anti-semetic…???

1 Like

Of rather more concern to me is that so many blindly accept Israeli/Saudi/USA propaganda. The actions of the state of Israel recently do not merit any respect as far as I am concerned.

3 Likes

JC is likely no more anti-Semitic than I am. He simply finds it hard to excuse the current injustices. It is very convenient for certain parties to prolong the inquisition. He would have my vote. The world order reflects somewhat differently now from that which prevailed in 1946.

3 Likes

Yep the IDF has been training mercenaries to fight in Yemen…

“ The humanitarian crisis in Yemen, considered the worst in the world, has brought 17.8 million Yemenis to the brink of starvation including 5.2 million children In addition, 66,000 children in Yemen die annually from preventable diseases due to the coalition’s blockade of Yemen which has also allowed the worst cholera outbreak in history to proliferate.

Despite the huge death toll that has resulted from the coalition blockade and airstrikes, the “mastermind” of the conflict, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman has vowed to continue to target Yemeni civilians, including women and children, in order to “leave a big impact on the consciousness of Yemenis for generations.””

Wake up, Ken. You’re the one who bestows your ever expanding and infinitely versatile accusation of antisemitism against anyone in your sights, especially those you don’t know from Adam, in a manner reminiscent of McCarthyism.

Right-wing nutters did the same by backing Hendryk Verwoerd in RSA and the loony Smithie in Rhodesia who believed, against all the evidence, in their invincible ‘racial superiority. I “wonder”, if you incline to believe in racial superiority, or in the Israelis’ God-given and thus unchallengeable right in perpetuity to stolen land and other people’s homes?

And I’m not looking for credit, either. My prior goal is justice for a dispossessed people, a secure homeland for Jews who want to live in peace with their neighbours, and an end to racial and ethnic bigotry worlwide.

6 Likes

Helen WrightHelen6

Chocolat1

1h

I don’t know if you read the last two links I posted or not…the former Israeli soldier said that ultra orthodox uk Jewish people making up about 30 per cent of U.K.

Helen,
I don’t think 30% of the population in the UK are Jewish? Maybe 1% would be closer

1 Like

Hold on…Let me go back and reread what I wrote…x :slight_smile:

I think it means thirty percent of Jewish people in the U.K. are ultra orthodox

1 Like

Probably best to quote Miko Peled directly from the article…x :slight_smile:

“ Accepting the IHRA definition was a mistake and I am sure they will live to feel the sting of shame this has placed on those who voted to adopt it. There are at least two notices out already by the Ultra-Orthodox Jewish community, which makes up at least 25% to 30% of UK Jews, that they reject the notion that JC is anti-Semitic, they reject Zionism and they reject the IHRA definition.“

It is complex. My friend who is Jewish abhors Hassidic Jews and publicly berates them.

1 Like

It’s always the same, almost the closer the “other” group the more they hate each other.

Sunni vs Shiite; Protestant vs Catholic - for institutions which ostensibly promote peace more hatred and violence has been meted out in the name of religion than just about anything else in human history.

2 Likes

Helen,
That make more sense to me, so there must be +/- 1 to 200 000 maybe less, Ultra orthodox Jews in the UK, I’d say for a small minority they are good a publicity.

1 Like

Yes that would seem more appropriate…

There’s also an apparent distinction between Sephardic and Ashkenazic…

I watched a few films recently…films I’d forgotten…or maybe fell asleep before the end…”windtalkers” and “lone survivor”…both based on true stories…Researched the Pashtun a little more…(I also watched cowboys and aliens for the first time ever…!)

I’ve also been watching “Europa the last battle”…

1 Like

And often it is not. It is, indeed, often only supporters of the current stripe of Zionism who throw that straw man about. Your assumptions speak more to your own “guise” than it does hers, I suspect.

6 Likes

Well said.

3 Likes

Two more Palestinians killed at the Gaza Border today…

I’ve now watched the entire epic documentary “Europa: The Last Battle”…it took a while being over 12 hours long…divided into episodes…many times I had to pause an episode…go outside…breathe…but I think it should be essential viewing…whilst there are elements of this documentary that I’d previously come across…I was completely unprepared emotionally for quite a lot of it…certainly not information that I was ever taught in school…

Our rights to free speech are enshrined in article 19 of the United Nations declaration of human rights…

“ Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”

2 Likes