Philanthropy

Well it’s Friday again…what are we on now…the 30th peaceful protest…the 30th Friday of the great march of return…???

52 Palestinians injured and many more suffering from tear gas inhalation not to mention what’s going on in Khan-al-ahmer

This seems to be an unspeakable situation, Helen, you may agree.

The same is true about the grisly murder of a courageous Saudi journalist, butchered in Turkey by the House of Saud like dog-meat. Not a whimper from anyone in Government about this atrocity. What about “the British values we hold dear”? Neatly folded in tissue-paper and stored away in Jeremy Hunt’s bottom drawer for the next creepy Adams-apple-bobbing opportunity to be sanctimonious on prime-time TV.

And the Trump regime is scraping the barrel of lies to concoct some story about Khashoggi’s dark jihadi past, and his suicidal assault on 15 armed men in the Saudi embassy, necessitating his being chopped and minced to bloody bagfuls.

You are a brave and doughty woman to keep raising these issues here. None of us have ANY right to a comfortable life when the world can accommodate such evil-doing, and condone it for our own serenity and peace-of-mind with a glass of wine and a weary sigh.

Many blessings on you.

3 Likes

Without doubt we…as in the collective we who are still guided by a moral compass…find it difficult if not at all possible to condone any injustice against our fellow human beings…

Yes the Khashoggi situation is odd…the murder of Daphne Caruana Galizia in Malta also…are we now at the stage where dissenting voices in journalisim can be killed murdered snipered car bombed hacked to pieces and the rest of the world just sigh over a glass of wine…??? Many journalists reporting from Gaza…shot dead…

I have friends in Gaza…I’ve never met them face to face but one day I hope to…one posts when he can…not all negative…sometimes he posts about the harvest…family parties…weddings…his grandmother making bread…celebrations for the children in his family…he offers translation services to journalists outside of Gaza…

Conversely I feel we are living in an age of transparency…collectively we are waking up…bleary eyed admittedly but waking up slowly…Trump seems as though he may be thinking about sanctions…as long as they don’t affect the arms deals to Saudi Arabia and the thousands of us workers working in the us arms industry…gotta be able to continue to bomb Yemen for the sake of us/uk jobs…???

Edited to add that obviously it’s quite ok and safe for Putin Macron Merkel Erdogan to meet in Istanbul to discuss Syria…next month…many more innocents will die before then…

2 Likes

Hmmmm…I watched “Hellstorm” over the weekend…another banned documentary…along with Europa the last battle…the treatment of the German people the pure hatred directed against them…the terror bombing…it’s too horrific to contemplate…

https://www.globalresearch.ca/angered-by-saudi-plan-to-purchase-russian-s-400-trump-admin-exploiting-khashoggi-disappearance-to-force-saudis-to-buy-american/5657615

1 Like