Photo challenge!

Trail cam otters, about 200m from our house

8 Likes

Thank you James!

1 Like

Well done Ken :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Congrats to Ken!

Following on from Mark’s otters… Here is Archie the lurcher in the Drome, working the shot with my Crown Graphic. The trick is to place a little piece of sausage in the viewfinder :grinning:

Ps when we stayed in one of @Mark beautiful gites one of those otters or their descendants charged Archie when out on a midnight walk. They turned round pretty quick when they saw he was with my OH. I think they were all a bit surprised!

10 Likes

Brilliant photo, cool dog and awesome camera!

1 Like

Thanks James :paw_prints: I will admit I got a little carried away with the silly dog pics at the time. Here is one more.

6 Likes

How did you manage that?!

More treats and saying stay a lot! Was a bit nervous that everything would topple over.

1 Like

Brilliant!

1 Like

You win this week @anon82447983, the was only one other contender but still, a win is a win! And it is a great photo!

1 Like

Well done marijkeh, I love your photos of Archie, actually I love Archie :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you James!

1 Like

Thank you Lily. Archie sends you a lurcher cuddle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

La Bastide de Sérou (09)

7 Likes

One of our regular visitors! Isn’t he lovely…

Beth

14 Likes

absolutely gorgeous :hugs: … we see them in the valley, they search for frogs in the water meadows. Rarely see them in the trees…

Yes Stella, we are very lucky as we have a lake (which is what the tree is overhanging) and he spends a lot of time here. We also have fish and lots of frogs so that may influence him! We occasionally have a night Heron and also Egrets. We have a resident Kingfisher but I doubt I will ever get a photo of him. The less we ‘tidy’ the more visitors we seem to get!
regards
Beth

Well done Beth… leave things as natural as you can and you will reap the rewards…

and you will have more time to sip wine (or whatever) as you watch the wonders of the natural world around you…

1 Like

Herons nest in trees believe it or not !

Ha ha… I know they nest in trees… just not in the trees we have around our property… :roll_eyes:

which is why we see them on the ground… or flying… with their very distinctive droopy neck :wink: