Photo documentary project on British Expats in France

Hello everyone!

My name is Elliot. I am a British born professional advertising and portrait photographer living in Paris, having moved to the Charente at the age of 12 (I am now 26) from Stevenage in Hertfordshire.

I’m currently researching a photo documentary project on the British community in France. The goal of the project is through portraits and documentary work to draw an accurate and clear image of the British community all over France, how it has changed and evolved over time, the diversity and quality of people within it and the relationship it’s people have with their adoptive home.

I want to show the reality of life for Brits here, their openness and courage in adapting to a way of life that may be far removed from the one they had back in the UK and how they see their future with Brexit looming on the horizon.

I am looking for people who would be willing to be photographed and if they wish, be interviewed.

Any info or help would be welcome!

If you wish to get in contact with me, don’t hesitate to e-mail me at this address: elliotselwood@gmail.com

If you want to see any of my previous work, you can find it here: www.elliotselwood.com

Thanks for reading!

2 Likes