Picking up UK TV south of Perpignan

We live outside a decent internet zone, and surrounded by tall trees which preclude a ground level satellite dish. We signed up with Tooway through Eurosat which gives us have a UK IP address. Expensive. But we can watch streamed uk TV (data limited) I also signed up for a high data phone contract and can stream UK TV through the phone to TV . (Use Tunnelbear, an IPhone app with the Chomecast app.) The best thing is we no longer have to make hour long calls to unhelpful to the SFR/ Orange technical help desk on a regular basis!

Hi , can you please let me know how to do this . Thanks .

What can you use if you have no internet but have 100 cm dish . It was aligned to the astra sat before the changes but now we are only receiving Sky news . Thanks

The Openbox €45) I described before will replace your SKY box - just swap it over with the Sat Cable - You then need the subscription 12 Month for the code to unscramble the signal. It will then receive all Sky Channels on Pan European beam which includes all Sky Sports/BT Sports and Movies Channels and lots more and it only needs a small amount of internet (100Mb a day). A Wi-Fi dongle for the box is €5-10

If you have good broadband buy a Kodi box (2Gb) and that will get you movies/tv Shows/BBC and other British Channels but they need decent broadband and use a good bit of your allowance - There is no subsciption fee - Both the openbox and Kodi box are pre-loaded - both are just plug and play

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/KODI-XBMC-Smart-Android-TV-Box-2GB-8GB-Quad-Core-Films-Kid-Channel-Keyboard-AH21-/301922732453?hash=item464bff49a5:g:LOkAAOSwJQdXBzvj

Hi..sorry for the delay responding. Laptop doesn't need permanent connection, just plug in an HDMI cable (assuming your laptop and TV are relatively recent and have HDMI sockets) when you want to use it. But the Firestick is so much better.

By cap I just mean the monthly limit that your ISP has set, depending on what plan you're on. Sorry, using the word bandwidth was a bit misleading :)

Cathy just interested to know how you managed to get a UK IP address? Is your Eurosat deal on a UK contract then? If so, mind me asking what you pay and what monthly cap is?

And who is your 'high data' phone contract with?

@Timothy_Molyneux Do you have a commercial interest in this service recommendation? Are you affiliated with them or do you receive a fee for recommendations?

1 Like