Please deliver me from phone hell

Really useful to know. Thank you! I currently keep on running out of space on my phone as I do use two Sims.

Iā€™m still on the G8plus (emergency purchase the last time i was in France as my G7 died). I have to say that the range looks to have lost its way a little with the new ones, but they look good value for the money.

I agree, esp f you upgrade ā€˜lost their way a littleā€™ to ā€˜gone somewhat bonkersā€™. The G30 has come out within not-very-long since the G10 and the G9 is still current stock. The G10 seems a lesser beast than both the G9 and the G30.

I am on my 3rd series Mā€™rola and very pleased with them all.

1 Like

The Moto G series has lost a SIM slot. Theyā€™re going backā€™ards. The latest ones are either x2 SIM or SIM + memory card. Very disappointing. My G6 has SIM x2 + memory . It was the deal-maker over all rivals at the time.

I have 3 mobile accounts - I have to maintaint a local account for FR and ES and as my UK iD account is Ā£7 p.m. unlimited calls UK and EU, Iā€™m not dropping that one. But it does mean I have to run 2 phones, even with one having 2 SIM slots.

no problem Chrisā€¦ you have two ears! :sunglasses:

Iā€™m a Xiaomi user too - currently still using my Pocophone F1. It was dead cheap when I bought it, still works very well today, has 2 SIM card slots which was handy until very recently but not so much any more. The camera is adequate for my needs, but my partnerā€™s iPhone takes better pictures (and sheā€™s better than me at taking photos too!). I got it when they first came out so itā€™s a few years old now. When I do have to replace it, Iā€™ll definitely see what they are offering now.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but who said that thereā€™s anything in between to decipher what goes in! :woozy_face:

Its usually more of an issue with the cheaper phones - you can set them to use the SD card - but very few apps run via the SD card on the cheap phones - I did read why - got bored by the second line and went buy 32GB internal and save having to read this stuff. Iā€™m usually below 100E for a phone soā€¦

Donā€™t know if this comes to late, but I just had to replace mine and the wifeā€™s and went for Google Pixel 4a. Slightly above budget at ā‚¬300 but several advantages over everything else near the price,. Camera especially, but also lack of bloatware, monthly updates before anyone else so more secure and guaranteed os updates for 3 years. My Moto had no security updates for ages and stopped at v8 android. Lots of unique features - transcribing of recordings is amazing, especially offline.

There is no SD which was a downer for me, but actually there is plenty of on board memory and I have had a few SD cards fail on me despite being a good brand. No phone is perfect but hopefully I might get 4 years use out of this and I am happy so far. I also use an e-sim as well as physical sim so have French and UK mobile in one.

1 Like

Thank you. I went for the xiaomi redmi note 9 in the end. It arrived today. No regrets so far, but strange to have to use Google contacts and not a dedicated phone contacts.

It is handy when you get you next phone as all contacts are already there - and backed up.

You can download a contracts manager app from the store if you want to, the camera clinched it for me as I take a lot of photos and the quality is superb.
Make sure you go into settings, about phone and click on the version and download the latest MIUI version as there should be a new version out today depending on your network.

1 Like