Points on driving licence

What, those sewing machines with wheels? Firstly, speeding in one of those, errrr?

Haha, by the by it's your birthday too today I believe. Commiserations! ;-)

"Up to today i have never had a fine in fifty years,"

And how are these Voitures sans Permis Carol? :-)

Inner seasonal jollity....inner seasonal jollity. Bah Humbug.

mais elle est complétement à l'ouest :-O

(plaisanterie !)

yep, sometimes the radar flashes but once they've deducted the allowance you're under the limit, happened to me a couple of times. And yes, the centre is in Rennes ;-)

you're lucky, Carol, my last one a month or so ago was 91 in 90 and just to make matters worse, I was on my way back from the Impôts having just collected my monthly stock of timbres fiscaux and TIMBRES AMENDES for the tabac!!!

yep - they have the company as the owner but company cars get away with the points as already mentioned - they don't know who was driving. For info - I sell timbres amendes and you can also pay directly at my tabac and I settle the fine direct with the centre in Rennes - I just need the code on the orange page of the three page fine by post, just pop in and I'll sort it either way ;-)

Aha, good point, oh well a wee fine at worst. I'll live with that if it comes.

What music are you using for the dance by the way ;-)

*Does Desmond Tutu style dance of joy * Whoop whoop!

(For once Brian is wrong...!!)

Well sort of. *Feels deflated*

They can send the fine but not the points as the don't know who was driving - so paying the fine will suffice if you get done by a speed camera.

Carte gris shows the number and owner so there is the information they have. Easy.

If you were done by a fixed camera and you haven't seen a letter from Rennes (from memory) in past couple of weeks then my previous experience would say you are OK. If a gendarme was nvolved, you have to wait a few months to be sure. The neighbour who got done had taken his "stage", so got back his 4 points but then lost them the following week when the delayed letter arrived. He waited a year and re-took the stage.

It also depends whether you get done by a speed camera ( pay the fine and that is that) or stopped by a gendarme.

At that point it will then depend if he is a) feeling human b) a jobsworth or c) emasculated by his younger female WPC laughing at him approaching the 'wrong' side of the car. Feeling bitter? Moi? Never :)

How do they know where to send the fine if you have a UK licence ? Is the car insured in France or UK ?

When I had a car registered to a company and got a 1 point offence, we were never asked to identify the driver and just paid the fine with a company cheque.

Steve are you trying to relieve me of my concern or warn me how it could be? OK, I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case.

All the speeding fines I have had recently have arrived within a week of the offence.

A neighbour who ignored a "residents only sign" and was stopped by a friendly gendarme, had his letter nearly 3 years after the offence. He thought the file had been lost.

OH and I have both been fined twice each for speeding, all by a fixed camera and all only 3 to 6 km/h over the limit.
As not sure what to do the first time, I sent a cheque and heard nothing more, therefore each consecutive time I’ve done the same, except with my husbands points I sent a letter saying it was him driving and not me, (same car), again never heard any more about it, and certainly not been fined extra for having an English license and also haven’t been told to change it.

OK folk, at least I have learned about the letters. I have been kind of waiting for one, but now it is over a month, so perhaps not. They have been gradually putting in chicanes through villages between Bergerac and Lalinde, but everybody has rapidly learned to navigate them. So they are now putting in the new fangled radar traps. I was wondering if I was 'done'. I think the fact that the car two ahead that was 'bat out of hell' speed at the front of a longish line of us all over the limit braked sharpish on probably seeing he had been radar trapped. That meant the rest of us braked hard and ended up tailgating each other whilst decelerating. That possibly means no numbers bar the first car was caught on camera because we obscured each other. So, having read about the letters and the time, with luck on my side I appear to have got away with it (this time).

Interesting point!

What I was trying to say out was the guy said that as national characteristics are different, the schemes are different so as to hit home harder. It was one of the few things he said during the 2 day 200€ stage that I found interesting