Porridge with a side order of Moths anyone?

Fair comment Bill… but the company should be told that their production line has been contaminated at some point… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Well I’m not a huge fan of today’s compensation culture so I’ve no real reason to get too worked up about it.
Of course I do have the as yet unnamed video on my YouTube site. Wonder how they’d react if I named it and let it out into the Wild…

2 Likes

It’s not so much compensation culture as the fact that they think it will be OK if they fob you off with more of the same crap.

Could be worse…they might invite us for a tour of the factory as well🤣

2 Likes

Is it an organic product…??? You could try putting a bay leaf in the packet…or possibly freezing the packet before eating…??? I’ve not got any cereals in the house at the minute but must admit I was checking my flour today before measuring out…(got a sudden craving for Yorkshire pudding…!) x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once you’ve seen a larvae in the packet there’s really only one place it’s going…:wastebasket:

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks Aquitaine that should help with my diet ! :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::bug::cricket::butterfly::microbe::microbe::beetle::fearful:

1 Like

:wink::zipper_mouth_face::open_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Good grief, the Food and Drug Administration (US) seem remarkably tolerant of these “little extras”. ~But, let’s face it… eating Bugs etc never made anyone crazy… or did it ? … perhaps someone should check the diet of Mr T ??? :zipper_mouth_face::sunglasses::grin::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The EU have similar rules, I just came across an American easy to read example first.

1 Like

:relaxed::roll_eyes: Perhaps that explains why there is so much insanity in the world today… :zipper_mouth_face::grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

The Indian meal moth
https://www.the-piedpiper.co.uk/th7d.htm

If it’s an Indian moth it has flown a long way to get in your cereal packet ! Crawling larvae ? Yuk !

It actually originated in Europe Rosie…

I have received vouchers equivalent to 3 packets of porridge today. Such generosity…their wallets must contain more moths than cash :moneybag:

5 Likes

Probably Scottish oats Chris, we aren’t known for “splashing the cash”, or freebiees :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m sure they were Bill, their generosity knew no beginnings :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: and no end!

The funny thing was that a parcel arrived separate to the letter, and assuming that they were both from Quaker I opened it. It was a mobile phone! Strange thing to send me I thought…looked at the address on the parcel and realized it was for a neighbour…

2 Likes

Similar occurrence in Thailand last spring when eating a posh looking breakfast of pancakes with fruit compote. Chomped on what I thought was a fruit stone only to find it was a real stone as in piece of gravel!! Fortunately hadn’t bitten down hard or might now be looking at an expensive dentist’s bill . :see_no_evil: