Porridge with a side order of Moths anyone?

Eeeuw. I shall be examining my flocons d’avoine much more closely in future :see_no_evil:. They’re Bio too . Hope they don’t come with “added protein”:flushed:

Well we always inspect the contents now…:microscope: No repetition so far.

Well according to the “experts” we should all be eating more insect derived protein​:see_no_evil:. We came across small “snack packs” packaged like the Graze products in Gamme Vert on Saturday. They were actually small packets of fried or dried insects some with seasonings added and even a chocolate bar with added mealworms (dead as if that makes any difference). My daughter and I went to SE Asia last spring where we frequently came across such little “delicacies “ as deep fried scorpions , crickets and mealworms :flushed:

1 Like

I’m salivating just thinking how tasty they might be :plate_with_cutlery:

2 Likes

At a café in Rocheouart last summer i found a (luckily) whole wasp in my pastry. I took it to the counter and the server pulled a face, took my plate and carried on serving the next customer.
No refund or another pastry offered. If my french had been up to it i would have made an ( admittedly British) fuss.

1 Like

I once bought a “pain au raisin” from a local shop & found it contained half a razor blade…
The shop owner phoned the bakery & told them
“Must have been the stagiaire” was the (unconcerned) reply

2 Likes

Ew!

That’s really quite scary…and nearly a close shave too.

3 Likes

Might have been useful had I had hairy tonsils

2 Likes

DIY tonsillectomy, just add your own post-operative ice-cream.

Edited to say you were quicker in the draw bob sivell :joy:

I like a pain au raisin, but might just pull the next one to pieces just in case.

Try keyhole surgery, you don’t want to lose a thumb :+1::scream:

1 Like

I once sent a black Rice Krispie back to Kelloggs and they sent me back one perfect one in a ring box accompanied by a lovely letter of ‘apology’! Put me in place anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Had a problem with these mothy things last summer. I have never seen them before, but they were fluttering about everywhere! Found one in the porridge and lentils (thankfully no larvae) :scream:
I have only just started to eat porridge again, having second thoughts after reading this post:thinking::face_vomiting: