Possible Fraud - Contracts, Purchases - HELP is at hand

3 Likes

But it’s not just France… it’s across jurisdictions and in many cases the scammers are (or believe they are) beyond reach.

I’ve recently been watching the you tube channel of Jim Browning - a master scam buster as well as Pierogi and some others of note who are joining together to fight these scammers in their own back yard.

What these guys do is truly amazing behind the scenes to frustrate their scamming and they are worthy of our our support.
Please subscribe to Jim’s YT channel and increase awareness by sharing them with people you know - particularly those who may be vulnerable to them.
You may just save somebody their life savings!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsRLXc9_f4EWbuWuDUk9COTrsFipK8m79

Link to list of YT Videos

Evidence of their work…

2 Likes

The link I have offered, is the French Government site… which seeks to help folk… and advise them of their Rights etc… it’s not simply about internet fraud etc…

of course, but that covers a significant amount of the fraud that people are suffering.
As discovered by Jim, the people cleverly disguise where they are (mostly in India) and I saw one scam taken down that came from an Indian call centre where the scammer spoke Spanish to a Spanish resident and raided their bank account.
The Spanish police have no jurisdiction in these parts of India and with the local Police complicit (for which read corrupt) attempts to close them down officially are useless.
When you are scammed from India, you generally have no rights or recourse as the transactions are often performed on your computer from your IP address so very difficult to argue your case.

BTW @Stella I’m not hijacking your topic - just usefully adding to it. Best not to get scammed in the first place. If you suspect a scam, just put the phone down and terminate the call.

2 Likes

These are some of the areas where folk might have concerns…

Is it just about fraud Stella or general help e.g. finding a dentist rather than complaining about one?

NO it’s not help with finding a service…
as the title suggests… and the links discuss… this is to help folk who are “victims”

1 Like

and conversely, the links I provided go towards helping you NOT to become a victim…

Le Répression des Fraudes helped my family well. My son was a student with an orange internet and mobile contract for his studies. He found a cheaper supplier and resiliated the orange contract properly and returned the equipment for the internet with a receipt from them whenthey got it. A week or so later, he had €400 taken from his bank account without his knowledge by orange to pay for his contract continuing. Bearing in mind he was a student with no bank overdraft and only just enough in the account from his bourse etc there was not enough money and so the bank got involved and cancelled the payment as it had not been authorised. We next got three huissier letters from the other side of France threatening his dad and me over the amount outstanding (falsely) so we went to the RdF who said we were the latest in a long line of victims of this fraud. We never heard anything more after they took it over except to say it was a matter closed. All this from a free government service, you couldn’t have done any better!

3 Likes

glad to hear such a good report… cheers :+1: :+1:

I didn’t know about this free goverment service until the other day… and reckoned it was worth sharing…

Yes I have sung their praises for years, this happened around 2009 so a while back. It was horrendous getting threatening letters from so called huissiers/debt collectors, we just did not need that sort of hassle. I would recommend them for anything you have a problem with that needs a legal recourse, obviously not for petty things.

1 Like

Commentary by Jim Browning shows just how dangerous these people are…

If you show your relatives any of my videos, this is the one to show. It’s possibly the most dangerous scam that there is: it will wipe out your entire bank account if you fall for it.
I’ve had to hold back for over a year before I posted this video because the UK police had to investigate the woman featured here. They eventually concluded that she was easily influenced, naïve and vulnerable enough to attempt to help scammers. She even allowed her bank account to be used as part of the scam.

1 Like