Post 7 day PCR

Good afternoon France we are moving over this evening and have had our neg PCR test pre travel and have had both of our immunisations. I believe however that we have to self isolate for 7 days how to get food ?
We also have to have another PCR after which I guess will be day 8 onwards again do we have to leave the house to have this done ?
Who can suggest which health site / covid information in France would be the most helpful ? Thank you

The TousAntiCovid app is the best reference point for up to date information in France. You can download it from the Google Play store on your mobile (in English). Switch it on whenever you go out and use it to generate attestations as required.

You must have missed it in your previous thread, you are able to go out to do a shop.

Good luck with the move!

2 Likes

Read the other thread you started on the same subject! Lots of answers were given there.

1 Like

Thanks what about PCR testing

You local nurses can come and do it at the house, just call them the day before.

1 Like

There are other threads here but I suggest you check on Vitemadose (google it), download Doctolib app and you might as well load TousantiCovid app now as well as your test and vacc certs eventually will all be able to be loaded onto that.

PCR tests are harder to find than antigen esp rurally so I would strongly suggest you book now for your 7-8 day test.

2 Likes

Yes! I think I said so at least twice and so did others. Essential trips out are allowed, so doctors and essential food.

Seems easy enough although we only arrive in france tomorrow am and no internet yet so maybe not as easy i think

Ok i got it on there at least twice ! im quite forgetful is all shopping it is thanks

Forgetful or not, I think we can cut you some slack, this is potentially one of the biggest events in your life! When I did that final move over I needed a good month to recalibrate and recharge before I really felt ok and on top of everything. There are still things I haven’t found to this day, not because they got lost in the move, but because the first chunk of unpacking was done in a sleep deprived daze and I was doing all manner of ridiculous things and putting things in all manner of ridiculous places, and that was without the additions of Brexit and Covid!

Just try to worry as little as possible and appreciate that life will be a bit chaotic initially, and of course we’re all here with any help and advice we can give, and get to the shops for some food when you arrive!

3 Likes

best tip I ever had from a mover was only move furniture and what’s needed soon into the house, stash the remaining boxes into the garage and bring those in when you have time / energy / recovered from the initial shock

4 Likes

And if they are still in the garage the next time that you move - you probably don’t need them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@KarenLot @anon88169868

Very, very true. I just found it’s hard to dump stuff all in one go. One has to have several cycles separated by a little time for reflection. After downsizing the family home and transporting a lot of (some admittedly useless) stuff to France and despite multiple culls of furniture I’ve still an apartment back “home” stacked with boxes, paintings, etc.

It’s a bit sad disposing of your past. :frowning_face: I find every item has a memory…

2 Likes

Just as we were moving to France both OH and I lost our parents - so inherited two houses worth of stuff. We then sold house in London and cleared flat in Paris for rental, so another two sets of stuff.

We tried to be ruthless, but essentially had the rest of 4 places full of stuff to bring over! (There are still about 50 boxes of books stored in the UK) I am now trying to minimise all this and have found a technique to help me. Which is to take photos of things before I get rid of them, and write down the memory/memories it evokes.

4 Likes

We already bought a minimum of stuff for our house here in France for when we were using it as a holiday home.
We then had all our own stuff and Jim’s parents stuff as well, and then we needed to buy new beds for the gite.

With covid, brexit and house move ( finally alone for me), dont rush.
I wanted to do everything in one month, 2 months … My head wouldn’t allow.
Where you think u can tick 5 things in a day. Readjust. 1 good tick is an achievement.
I’ve moved everything at last once! That was a detail
…
Paperwork is s head stopper. I think I’m done, ish nearly 7 months later.
Now I’ve got to book tests for partner so just quick check in on this site and thread.
Good luck!