Post Brexit EHIC now available for people with s1s

Since they announced the opening of the vaccination for the over 75s on Friday they have been inundated! Our centres were booked up for January by the end of the day. Only appointments for Feb available now.

1 Like

My MIL is trying to get her and FIL sorted but impossible to get hold of their doctor or anyone else (very rural Aveyron). I think the older people are the more favourable they are to be vaccinated and perhaps they interview the wrong people (too young) for the surveys.

Go online! Doctolib works well.

1 Like

I think that’s what we’ll be doing today, SIL is sorting things out for her today

I do understand that as I had a none critical minor surgical intervention done in May which I know I would still be waiting for if in the UK.
However France has carried out only marginally more vaccinations in total than the daily UK rate…that does seem a rather unacceptable and indefensible gap…and currently there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of more than a modest up tick

Err? You can’t be reading the same things I am! I think this is more healthy response than a modest one.

“Ce vendredi 15 janvier, plus d’1 million de rendez-vous (500 000 personnes) ont ainsi été pris dans toute la France auprès des centres de vaccinations, pour une première injection entre le 18 janvier et le 14 février 2021.

Toute personne éligible qui n’aura pas pu prendre de rendez-vous dès ce vendredi pourra le faire au cours des prochaines semaines : le ministère rappelle en effet que l’arrivée progressive des doses de vaccins permettra l’ouverture de nouveaux rendez-vous au-delà du 14 février 2021.

Le site internet www.sante.fr, ouvert ce matin, a connu ce vendredi 15 janvier une activité extrêmement élevée avec 2,5 millions de visites, et jusqu’à 20 000 connexions par minutes.

Le numéro vert dédié à la vaccination a reçu 370 000 appels grâce à la mobilisation de près de 700 téléconseillers sur la plateforme.”

1 Like

Yes I was aware of this, and credit that this is now in place, the challenge is to quickly establish centers that deliver or there will be even more cynicism

100,000+ today, it’s slowly picking up.

New EHIC’s arrived today :clap:

2 Likes

Having just bought a house I registered with a local GP today.
No alcohol at the entrance. (Even CPAM can manage that!)
Masks but signs still say 1metre distancing which means they haven’t heard of “the Kent Variety”, never mind the South African one.
One vaccination gives 90%+ protection after 2 weeks and 100% against hospitalisation and death, which is good enough for me.
If I was in England I would have had a vaccination last week.
I am very pro Europe but the delay in approving Astra-Zeneca and the appallingly low numbers in France and Germany are a disgrace for countries that consider themselves advanced or organised.
For goodness sake, to be trounced by England in administration is shameful.
Be honest.

England or the United Kingdom :wink::thinking:

Agree totally with the sentiment about being trounced, unfortunately there is a different sentiment in certain areas, I think that will change when looking across the chanel the population see restrictions greatly reduced compared to La belle France!

It may surprise you but we don’t spend our time looking over the channel, we don’t compare ourselves particularly with our neighbours except possibly Germany, frankly the UK is an irrelevant sideshow for us and we don’t particularly care what they do there.

3 Likes

There are huge and complex issues that account for these differences, political, economic, structural and cultural. France did a lot of the right things for a long time, I wish it had carried on doing so. But it hasn’t, and that’s where we are. I am just hoping not only that vaccine supplies start to ramp up now, but also that the French cultural antipathy to being vaccinated changes. Over 50% of the French people I know aren’t bothered about getting vaccinated - a young woman I was talking to today said she didn’t have the time to get vaccinated (a health care worker who could have AZ now) .

Over the last months I’ve realised I have considered this with english eyes…

Why are more threads becoming ‘lets whine like babies about not getting a vaccine when the next door neighbour has already had one’? Can’t we keep that to the one already dire, repetitive thread we have? It’s torturous enough wading through the moaning and groaning on that thread to get to the pertinent stats and information, I’d rather not have to do it on others too.

sorry, I know that was a bit much but really!

4 Likes

Three of our French friends (all well educated professionals) are very dubious and will most probably decide not to have a jab…so welcome to a continuing cycle of restrictions …I just don’t understand

It does seem that the only people getting upset ans uptight about France’s vaccination programme are Brits living here. SFN is the only place where i see/harry it being discussed!

John, 15 of us for coffee on sunday, in las have received their lettres (in their 80s) so we told them to go and get vaccinated. BIL’s parents haven’t going to. The rest of us will sort it out, or not, when the time come. But contrary to “life before”; not a single bise, we were all masked, masive room so distances kept. Several in the room have already had covid.
In the meantime the youngsters are still partying comme si de rien était !

3 Likes

It’s a pain that we have two…but just mute the thread!

Problem: This thread is extremely useful and muting it is an unnecessary step. It just needs a bit of discipline if SF is to continue as a useful go to resource.

Media across Europe regularly comment on events in neighbours including the UK so comparisons are there for all to see and some of us have family and friends in the UK…just as some uk domiciled none Brits look to see what is happening in their original country, (daughter’s boyfriend is Italian).
Perhaps because we gave moved to a differnt country we look wider at the news and cutting affairs…one of the TV chamnels i watch a lot is the excellent France24

1 Like