Pound Sterling thinking of self-identifying as Euro

Sadly the markets appear a better judge of character than some Conservative MPs

From another forum.

WOW

It take 9 mouse clicks and £25 to join conservatives abroad and have a vote in who’s the leader. You don’t even need to put your correct address or date of birth.

How on earth can this be a safe vote.

www.conservativesabroad.org

Join Us

Living Overseas? Join Conservatives Abroad and the Conservative Party today! Which Membership is right for you?

Name - Joe Bloggs
Address - Ulitsa Profsoyuznaya, 65 Moskva Russia 117342
Phone Number - +74953348910

All accepted they just want my credit card or paypal now for payment

5 Likes

Unfortunately not much use if you want to vote. OH tried this but he never received his voting papers.

In case the party members have to vote in the current farce, the election will be entirely online. However, I suspect that Johnson’s team will be able to continue to manipulate matters so that a vote is not required.

That’s interesting to know Sue. Intentional or ineptitude?

Now we know how foreign powers manipulate the outcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Seems the value of sterling has fell since this morning from 1.14 something to 1.13 something, thought RS was a safe (er) pair of hands?

some useful analysis here…

Good to see some strength coming back. Let’s hope we see it continue. But can’t complain after the recent Truss opportunity presented itself! Sunak does seem to be a far steadier pair of hands versus the recent turmoil with Bozo and Truss. Only time will tell, but surely the markets can only improve.

2 Likes

That may be shorted lived as the Fiscal statement has again been delayed by another 2 weeks…

But already I think it’s clear to see Sunak’s far more professional and considered, and I actually see it quite positively that he wants to take some more time to understand what Hunt’s proposing rather than just ‘do it’ as ‘that’s what people expect’. Let’s give him a chance, as we all need the ship steadied now.

3 Likes

same meat different gravy… the ERG are in charge, not Ritchie Rishi.

1 Like

Aren’t fiscal statements historic? It is to the future we must look now ( with thanks to Yoda)

Nope, the fiscal statement is the Govt forecast on their spending plans ahead…

He’s a banker, not a leader, he’ll do all he can for the City and maybe steady the markets but nothing for grannies sitting hungry in the cold. The moment I heard on CH4 news that he had given “I have a dream (to ruin refugees’ lives)” Braverman back her job I knew he’s another write off. Another hostage to the ERG. Albeit not a fiscally illiterate one.

The first row will be Hunt vs Braverman, one wanting immigrant manpower to reassure the markets on growth, the other following the (amazing) agenda of some rightwing second generation Indian emigrants (eg Patel) of wanting to pull the ladder up. There’ll be tears before bedtime.

It’s all getting too tedious now, IMO if Bojo had got in there would have been had a general election within months. Now this farce will just run and run and more and more people will be negatively impacted.

1 Like

Well I guess everyone has different agendas and interests, and that’s why we have different political parties with different policies. Above all, I think the majority of folks simply want some financial stability, and I think that’s what we’ll see hopefully. Financial instability impacts us all to varying degrees, and nobody wants or needs that to deal with.

So much has happened since the last GE I think it’s long overdue that the electorate had the chance to vote on those policies. The bunch of blithering incompetents currently hanging on to power by their fingernails have no mandate to rule IMHO.

2 Likes

And look what happened when the electorate voted for Brexit. Only if we could turn back the clock on that one, I hear many now say!

At last it looks like we’ve got a chance to move into calm after all the storms. The last thing we need right now is the blustering QC coming forth and creating even more mayhem and drama, and upending any remote chance of calm. As said, let’s let Sunak now do his job, so we can all hopefully live a calmer life :pray:

1 Like

At least he has a trade unlike the career politicians who havent done anything useful. Public schools train leaders, comprehensives train sheep.

3 Likes